Johnny's back again

A place for some light-hearted chat.
whyme?

Re: Johnny's back again

Post by whyme? »

Veem wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:37 pm
How come Robin is tidying up after you whyme??
No idea but it's kinda scary.
I sent it from my Huawei phone so maybe the stories about the Chinese spying on us are true.
Anyone any idea why this happened?
Last edited by whyme? on Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ICHABOD

Post by ICHABOD »

And the fruit as well Veem. Cauliflowers, potatoes, you name it. Intermarche he will sell it.

Veem

Post by Veem »

ICHABOD wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:42 pm
And the fruit as well Veem. Cauliflowers, potatoes, you name it. Intermarche he will sell it.
I despair of haricots verts. More often than not they're literally going rotten on display with a few fresh ones added and mixed in. Bananas? Overripe and spotty or bright green. Carrots (I get through a lot for the horses) are mostly turning to slime at this time of year. Occasionally I can get a lovely cauliflower for only around 3€.

I even buy a few veg from the UK once a month since they are always fresher than anything I can buy at Intermarché.

Spectre

Post by Spectre »

whyme? wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:37 pm
Veem wrote:
I sent it from my Huawei phone so maybe the stories about the Chinese spying on us are true.
Robin doesn't seem to be member, weird!

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Veem wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:10 pm
ICHABOD wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:42 pm
I despair of haricots verts. More often than not they're literally going rotten on display with a few fresh ones added and mixed in. Bananas? Overripe and spotty or bright green. Carrots (I get through a lot for the horses) are mostly turning to slime at this time of year. Occasionally I can get a lovely cauliflower for only around 3€.

I even buy a few veg from the UK once a month since they are always fresher than anything I can buy at Intermarché.
We buy frozen haricots, peas, mushrooms, garlic etc for use when local stuff from known sellers at the market is not in season. Hard to tell the difference most times.
Nice market man occasionally gives us boxes of carrots from his store not far from us which are approaching their 'best before date' & horses don't know the difference.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Spectre wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:16 pm
whyme? wrote:
Veem wrote:
According to my check Robin is a recent member who has made no posts.
Mysty has the answer but maybe best if he explains.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Look under the team tab

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

whyme? wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:24 pm
Spectre wrote:
whyme? wrote:

Can I do it? Please sir, can I, can I? .......
Gonna do it anyway. :P We thought about having a new mod but we decided you guys are so good that we didn't need one :D . Instead we recognised that given two of us are not retired and one has a full and satisfying life with his dogs and wife but who, without hesitation, stepped up when covid appeared and returned back to work to help his colleagues, that if he was ever required to do so again then help may be required on the admin side with approving first posts or helping in that capacity. They are not going to be involved in doing any kind of moderating so don't ask them to, they don't want to do that. I didn't see your post so don't know what technical error was in your post but it won't happen again.
I've explained you can all edit your posts being as you are all techie experts and grown ups. :P but we don't mind editing when asked or someone says they have messed up :D

Veem

Post by Veem »

After the Storm 2 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:43 pm
whyme? wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:24 pm
Spectre wrote:

Can I do it? Please sir, can I, can I? .......
Gonna do it anyway. :P We thought about having a new mod but we decided you guys are so good that we didn't need one :D . Instead we recognised that given two of us are not retired and one has a full and satisfying life with his dogs and wife but who, without hesitation, stepped up when covid appeared and returned back to work to help his colleagues, that if he was ever required to do so again then help may be required on the admin side with approving first posts or helping in that capacity. They are not going to be involved in doing any kind of moderating so don't ask them to, they don't want to do that. I didn't see your post so don't know what technical error was in your post but it won't happen again
I've explained you can all edit your posts being as you are all techie experts and grown ups. :P but we don't mind editing when asked or someone says they have messed up :P
It seems that Robin only joined the forum very recently, so it seems a little odd that he/she is promoted to 'the team' so quickly. Have I missed something Ats2?

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

It isn't a promotion ;), Robin joined to just to help on the admin side, so for example, if two threads were started on the exact same topic then they could merge them together, that sort of thing. As I said the 'full" team that will do any moderating are just the same three of us as always and to be honest there is very little to actually moderate on here.

Edit though someone might want to come behind and sort out my post :P sorry guys, corrected my spelling, tired eyes tonight :lol: