Attachment problem

A place for some light-hearted chat.
ajm

Attachment problem

Post by ajm »

Trying to attach a scanned document to an email results in something illegible. The docs. can be read on screen as normal but when sending as an attachment they look as though they have been scrambled. Any ideas anybody?
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

Mrs Archy

Re: Attachment problem

Post by Mrs Archy »

ajm wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:41 am
Trying to attach a scanned document to an email results in something illegible. The docs. can be read on screen as normal but when sending as an attachment they look as though they have been scrambled. Any ideas anybody?
Is it a .pdf document as I had the same problem sending the Avis d'impot to the bank I got the reply that it wasn't readable and to send it as a jpeg - so copied it as a jpeg and voila. Hope it works for you.
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I had the same problem with a document from the CAF, one that had to be printed out in order to oppose it with the médiateur, also their statement of droits, I think it was done deliberately.

ajm

Post by ajm »

Mrs Archy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 am
ajm wrote:
Is it a .pdf document as I had the same problem sending the Avis d'impot to the bank I got the reply that it wasn't readable and to send it as a jpeg - so copied it as a jpeg and voila. Hope it works for you.
I don't know how to tell what format it is or indeed how to change it. Never had the problem before - it only seems to be since the last system update
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

ajm wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:15 am
Mrs Archy wrote:
ajm wrote:
I don't know how to tell what format it is or indeed how to change it. Never had the problem before - it only seems to be since the last system update
Don't know what system you use but on my mac and it used to be similar on my microsoft package of years ago you select 'File' then 'Save As' and choose from the drop down menu .jpg Hope this helps.
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I thought the thread was about Spardo's dog!

ajm

Post by ajm »

Mrs Archy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:13 am
ajm wrote:
Mrs Archy wrote:

Don't know what system you use but on my mac and it used to be similar on my microsoft package of years ago you select 'File' then 'Save As' and choose from the drop down menu .jpg Hope this helps.
Thanks for your help Mrs A. I can now change the format - available ones are PNG (this is the default one), JPG,BMP,GIF. Have tried all these but the result is still the same mangled output.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

ajm wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:05 pm
Mrs Archy wrote:
ajm wrote:

Thanks for your help Mrs A. I can now change the format - available ones are PNG (this is the default one), JPG,BMP,GIF. Have tried all these but the result is still the same mangled output.
Are you able to scan a copy to your pc or take a photocopy and send to your pc and save it as a .jpg - thinking back my Avis was the original I downloaded from the gov site and it wouldn't scan cleanly so I printed it off and re scanned it back to the pc before I got a readable copy.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Thanks to this thread I learnt something that's been bugging me for days.
I scanned a document to keep on my pc & tried without success to post it on here.
Just realised I'd saved it as a pdf document, did it again but saved as jpg & Bob's yer uncle, there it is in Typically French thread.
Result :good:

ajm

Post by ajm »

Mrs Archy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:16 pm
ajm wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:05 pm
Mrs Archy wrote:

Are you able to scan a copy to your pc or take a photocopy and send to your pc and save it as a .jpg - thinking back my Avis was the original I downloaded from the gov site and it wouldn't scan cleanly so I printed it off and re scanned it back to the pc before I got a readable copy.
Thanks again Mrs. A for your time; The problem is not being able to scan a document - having done it it is easy to read on screen. It seems that there is a systems problem with the software. All the old scanned docs. that have previuosly been sent now suffer the same fate. Probably need to speak to Microsoft - don't hold your breath