How times have changed

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

How times have changed

Post by mysty »

When we first came to Saint Amand you could park in front of the cafe. Now we have to walk 30 meters.
6 euros for two drinks :lol:
Next time will share one.
Nice merc over there ;)
20200820_155857.jpg
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Aardvark

Re: How times have changed

Post by Aardvark »

€6 for a coke and an orange? That's an insult.
Visit historic Barnard Castle. Lockdown day trips now available.

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

We were astounded by the prices for the one time we ate out in our 5 weeks in Brittany (not our normal holiday but worried about social distancing and didn't want to be the British tourists whooping it up), tourist village but not on the coast, 4 adults, 3 children just pizza and burgers really, it was early evening sat outside and a couple of beers for the men, 2 glasses of wine each for the ladies, two 75cl bottles of fizzy water for the children,
and ice cream for the children for desert €185 plus tip. Normally the bill at the restaurant that we have used for twenty years would of been around €130-€140 last year.

We were glad to get out there and be on "holiday" but there were no French in the restaurant, just Brits and Dutch.
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Annabelle's Papa wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:33 pm
We were glad to get out there and be on "holiday" but there were no French in the restaurant, just Brits and Dutch.
I'm intrigued to know (roughly) where you were as we haven't had any of our usual UK holiday makers this year .. we've had way more than 90% French with just a smattering of D, CH, B and an occasional NL.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

Hi Sue
I have only just seen your post.
We were in Jugon Les Lacs (dept 22). I am only talking about the restaurant in that village.
We travelled to the coast a few times 10 miles away to St Jacut De La Mer, where there is a choice of 11 beaches, never heard an English voice, all French but it is very popular with French second home owners, beaches basically deserted so social distancing very easy.
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Annabelle's Papa wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:18 am
Hi Sue
I have only just seen your post.
We were in Jugon Les Lacs (dept 22). I am only talking about the restaurant in that village.
We travelled to the coast a few times 10 miles away to St Jacut De La Mer, where there is a choice of 11 beaches, never heard an English voice, all French but it is very popular with French second home owners, beaches basically deserted so social distancing very easy.
Thanks for replying .. it really is intriguing .. as I said we usually hear a fair amount of English in the summer in the markets, on the beaches and in the restos but just not at all this summer.
Except I did hear one couple, way back in June, in Super U and they had sailed over in/on their boat.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically