It's my party and I'll die if I want to.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Ally

It's my party and I'll die if I want to.

Post by Ally »

exile

Re: It's my party and I'll die if I want to.

Post by exile »

I understand that the property is owned by a housing association. If that makes it social housing does that give them the right to evict the tenant on the basis of anti-social behaviour?

I am not generally for draconian solutions but this seems such crass behaviour.

tim17

Post by tim17 »

This has been happening all over not just in the UK, the young feel invincible but clearly don't twig (or don't care) that they can spread the virus to the more vulnerable.

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

There is currently a law in UK banning landlords from evicting people during this crisis. Early on people were evicting nurses and young doctors in fear of them having the virus, and people who had been put on furlough. The law ends at the weekend and there is pressure for it to be extended as there is an unprecemted number of people now needing financial help.

ajm

Post by ajm »

tim17 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:35 am
This has been happening all over not just in the UK, the young feel invincible but clearly don't twig (or don't care) that they can spread the virus to the more vulnerable.
As happened in the streets of Paris after PSG victory
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

bluebird

Post by bluebird »

The police aren't going to have enough resources to enforce the restrictions long term and I guess young revellers realise this and are willing to take a chance.

In recent years there has been a build up of resentment of the older generation, often media driven, but some of the younger generation have a perception that they are worse off financially, with poor job opportunities & unable to have the same property ownership choices as their parents and grandparents. Those individuals who subscribe to this view (which has it's merits), are perhaps unlikely to be sympathetic toward the more vulnerable groups during the pandemic.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Sorry couldn't resist...... ;)
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’