Property Boundary

Polarengineer

Re: Property Boundary

Post by Polarengineer »

A good site is https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/. You can even take measurements if you have a decent screen to see the details
I have experienced a mid winter whiteout on the high tundra between Alta and Skaidi, I tell you, it's no big deal there is nothing to see, anyway, I must go back there as I think I left the northern lights on.

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon »

Thanks PE. That looks a really interesting site. At the mo it is saying impossible de trouver when I put in the address so I have to play around and find the right format to input for the address.

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

In any Acte de Vente, it explains that the plan cadastral is what the tax office uses to calculate taxes but the measurements are not precise unless the land has been measured by a géomètre and so the buyer is informed that there may be slightly more or slightly less than the amount gien with the land nos. If there was a substantial difference then the buyer could ask the seller to reimburse an amount to compensate but obviously, if a buyer ever had the land measured and there was more then they are highly unlikely to contact the seller and offer to pay an additional amount. With regard to just part of the boundary, if you are concerned that it might not be clear in future then you could pay a géomètre to come out and tell you where the boundary is and you could put some marker there yourself, to show a buyer in future, the yellow bornes they put in cost more. As an aside, we last paid about 750 euros to have a small garden measured and a land plan altered by a géomètre in March.

Ally

Post by Ally »

I've measured up for and drawn a lot of cadastral plans for acquisitions and disposals. We worked on the premise that, in the event of a dispute, two reasonable people ie surveyors, lawyers, etc., could resolve matters on site with plan in hand. To that end my plans included the statutory plan based on the OS for registration (no use to man nor beast) and a larger scale plan, usually 1:200, with every boundary plotted and detailed with its dimension, physical description and orientation. I still got involved in disputes because people are greedy for the smallest sliver of land and I mean not even wide enough to build a single skin brick wall. Remember what I said about two reasonable people.

Timoth

Post by Timoth »

My last place in the Vendée was measured using satellites which are said to be very much more accurate.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Well they are not. Sorry to disappointment you. It's quicker and also much more accurate than before, I'll grant you.

Timoth

Post by Timoth »

Interesting, Ally. So more accurate than before but not perfect. But, nothing is perfect.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Ahem!

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon »

Thanks for the additional info. I'm thinking that we are just going to leave it as is for the moment. I assume that if we found a buyer at any time in the future and he didn't query the boundary, then it would just go through as it did when my OH bought. If it was queried, then I presume we would have to get a geometre and come to some reasonable agreement between us all. I'm not overly concerned about it. It's just good to have the information to hand on what might be required. I don't think a buyer would query the small areas involved but,as you say, people can get twitchy over the smallest sliver of land, so we would have to cross that one at the time.