A place for some light-hearted chat.
FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: WYSIWYG members

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

why me? wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:26 am
FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:58 pm
We seem to have a few, unfortunately, who appear to be only as deep as the short posts they make. It's a pity, sometimes, that those who play devil's advocate, rock the boat, and poke sticks at wasp's nests can't come out and be really interesting people with their own points of view.
Is the OP the same person who corrects grammar, spelling & punctuation in members posts & insists in using words in bold for the benefit of members with lesser understanding of their given language.
If it is indeed the same person, has he had a Damascus experience & is yet again auditioning for another crack Mod School? :)
No.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Another missing post. :roll:
Visit historic Barnard Castle. Lockdown day trips now available.

Hal

Post by Hal »

I want ALBF back :D

mysty

Post by mysty »

Hal wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:18 pm
I want ALBF back :D
DNR :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Jackie

Post by Jackie »

Probably missing something here but what’s wrong with being Wsiiwyg? To me it means not being two faced which is a good thing. Why does being it make you shallow? Possibly creating a thread like this makes you the same as those who you are criticizing?

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Jackie wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:34 pm
Probably missing something here but what’s wrong with being Wsiiwyg? To me it means not being two faced which is a good thing. Why does being it make you shallow? Possibly creating a thread like this makes you the same as those who you are criticizing?
I see your point, which might be saying you say people who post short, nasty, or pointless posts should be seen as "take me as you find me, short, nasty, and pointless". Or not. Certainly some on here who behave like that on this forum might well be a bundle of laughs and lively conversationalists around their dinner table with real people, but why can't they be like that here? And it wasn't me who mentioned shallow.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:45 pm
And it wasn't me who mentioned shallow.
That was me, perhaps unfairly, the term you used was "only as deep as the short something posts that they make" I took that to be a synonym for shallow.

Glad my name is not Hal :lol:

Jackie

Post by Jackie »

Sorry yes it wasn’t you who said shallow FFS.
However the people you describe aren’t probably wysiwyg, More like they are hiding behind a persona that is easy to keep up in the virtual world. So what you see with them is probably what you wouldn’t get in real life..

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

HANSN
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Ally

Post by Ally »

Jackie wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:34 pm
Good point. I get called an arsehole several times a day in real life. I won't go changing. 🤣🤣🤣