Antargaz

Water, electricity, gas etc.
PatF

Antargaz

Post by PatF » Tue May 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Since returning to the UK we've been trying to get a refund from Antargaz, as we believe we overpaid.
Contract now changed to new owners.
We have no landline here, and I'm not going to pay a fortune to call on mobile. So I sent one letter, ordinary post. No reply. Another letter by reg. post (cost several pounds), got a reply - they say that we owe them!
Replied normal post asking for proof in figures ( our files are all still in store) no reply. I'm reluctantant to pay out again for reg.
Does anyone have an email address for Antargaz service clients Marignac?
It's a lot of money they're asking for (700 euros+).

Tom

Re: Antargaz

Post by Tom » Tue May 29, 2018 4:21 pm

webmaster@antargaz.fr

This is the only email address for Antargaz that I can find. If they didn't have the decency to reply to an ordinary letter it's almost certain they will ignore an email but it will cost you nothing to try. Attack is the best form of defence, so that could be why they're saying that you owe them €700. I do hope your request for a refund is successful.
These users thanked the author Tom for the post:
PatF (Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 pm)
Candy is dandy
But liquor is quicker

PatF

Post by PatF » Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Thanks Tom, I'll try that.

b33jay

Post by b33jay » Tue May 29, 2018 6:11 pm

PatF wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:22 pm
Since returning to the UK we've been trying to get a refund from Antargaz, as we believe we overpaid.
We have no landline here, and I'm not going to pay a fortune to call on mobile. So I sent one letter, ordinary post. No reply. Another letter by reg. post (cost several pounds), got a reply - they say that we owe them!
Get a Three payg mobile sim with calls to EU at 3p/min.
These users thanked the author b33jay for the post:
PatF (Tue May 29, 2018 6:53 pm)

suein56

Post by suein56 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:31 pm

PatF wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:22 pm
It's a lot of money they're asking for (700 euros+).
Be a bit careful as Antargaz could at least be partly in the right. It depends on the contract you signed with them and how long it was for.
It appears that gas prices vary depending on the length of the contract you signed up to. So a short contract means higher gas prices but less leaving cost; likewise a long contract a lower gas price but a more expensive leaving cost.

Although the fact that your purchasers took over the tank does seem in your favour.

I have read some people have had really eye-watering bills from gas companies when they decide to change suppliers eg up to 3000€.
Info from here : https://selectra.info/propane/guides/ci ... esiliation
These users thanked the author suein56 for the post:
PatF (Tue May 29, 2018 6:53 pm)
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

PatF

Post by PatF » Tue May 29, 2018 6:53 pm

"Get a Three payg mobile sim with calls to EU at 3p/min." We'll have a look at that b33jay. Thanks.
Sue - Yes it's possible we do owe them something. We had a newly negotiated contract in April 2016, starting from scratch ( all paid off from previous contract.) At a much cheaper fixed rate for 3 years, after much wrangling.
Our problem is that all our records are still in store, and I'm asking them to send me them by email, so that we can be sure.
Maybe leave it until we get our belongings back.

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa » Wed May 30, 2018 9:25 am

Did you use an Estate Agent when you sold, they normally in conjunction with the new owner, take a meter reading on hand over time.

On mobile phones try, 1p mobile on the EE network in the UK, 1p per text (not images though), 1p per minute calls (includes EU) and 1p per mb of data. You have to put £10 credit on every 120 days but it is rolled over if you don't use it.

https://www.1pmobile.com/
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

PatF

Post by PatF » Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 pm

AP - yes we had an estate agent he took readings of electricity and water. We had run the gas tank down to 10% and told our buyers that.
I don't think that's the issue - it's the cost of the gas delivered in 2 years compared with how much we've paid. And as I said, we haven't got our files etc.

PatF

Post by PatF » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:47 pm

Tom - that link of yours worked and I got an email reply today.
After looking at the records, I think we do owe them. Husband doesn't agree. :?