Re: Planning permission....errecting a barn

Post by Ally »

Had a word.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

After the Storm 2 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 pm
It says ‘up to’ six months after completion of the work and not that they have to wait until the work has been completed to contest anything.

Edit and don’t see what you suggest working, people could waste time contesting something that might not even get permission, far better to know what has been approved exactly surely.
You are right, I misread it.

What I suggest works perfectly well in the UK, you apply for outline or full planning permission that contains the definitive detail of what will be aproved or denied, there is a consultation period where people can make objections in the knowledge of the exact scheme that approval is being sought for.

Whereas in France approval is give and that is the point at which people may contest, its bonkers, even the Mairie does not need to put up the notice until the permission is granted.

Cet affichage sert de point de départ à ceux qui souhaiteraient contester – pour des raisons légitimes et sérieuses - votre permis de construire.

A also misinterpreted the bit about it not needing to go up until works starts, it said that at the start but corrected it later.

Its good to have a better understanding.

I spoke with the new Maire (a friend) and said that I saw on the notice board that he had refused permission for Free.fr to put up une antenne close to the aéroport, he said that he was under pressure from the directeur of the aéroport and the President of the Régis that runs it to refuse it (he who tried to con me into selling my place to him before the new centre logistique was announced), pressure by phone and that they would put nothing in writing, with a knowing smile he said that unfortunately he had issued the refusal 2 days after the delai and that means that Free.fr get permission automatically :) I like the way he does business!

I then showed him a servitude aéronautique de degagement that was confirmed in 2016 after a public enquiry (with no responses from anybody) which prohibited construction in that zone over 40m high, the Free antenne will be 36 metres high, he was unaware of it and asked me to E-mail it to him because the pair had assured him that the mast would be too high.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

I have no idea about planning permissions for antennes LD but from what I have read about planning applications for houses in the UK, it seems to be getting almost completely deregulated with a lot more allowed to be done to properties than in France and that must mean that there is little possibility to object to anything. I am not talking about vast construction projects for a large number of houses, that is different again in France to what we are talking about here with different regulations and requirements.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Neither was I, mine was for 1 house. If only!
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Ally wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:09 am
Had a word.
Not the most efficient gang.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

To take the theme from another thread after watching that clip...

We are men and we can do this by sheer brute strength = oops

;)

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

One farmer in our commune kept pigs - free ranging in a huge field and some woods with small mobile homes to sleep in.
He decided to expand with a very large building housing hundreds of pigs.
Before it was built the Maire sent messages to everyone in the commune asking if we had any objections - a few people thought the smell might be bad but most supported him and he went ahead. I never noticed the smell even walking past quite close.
He had some maize fields too, fed the pigs with the maize and used their slurry to fertilise the land.
ps I couldn't get ally's link to work - don't say it ended with the roof falling onto them :shock:

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

TriciaF wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm
ps I couldn't get ally's link to work - don't say it ended with the roof falling onto them :shock:
Yep.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

8 people visible, probably 10 in all lifting, and not one knew or thought to fix on a hinged prop and blocks on the floor to restrain them?

Preferably 2 props one short and a longer one once it gets to hear height, better still pairs each side.

Luckily for the building it fell on them as without the props they would not have had anything to stop it tipping over the other way once vertical.

landmannnn

Post by landmannnn »

Surely the principle of timber buildings is that you erect then in manageable sections?

It looks like they built it on the ground then decided to put it up in one go.