At last. Some good news.

A place for some light-hearted chat.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: At last. Some good news.

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

The idea of free Covid insurance when you book your ticket is clever, seeing many insurance companies will try to wriggle out of paying if you catch it on holiday, but it's also clever because there's an easy get out clause: "Emirates’ insurance for travelers stipulates that if one of its passengers is diagnosed with COVID-19 during their journey, the Dubai-based airline will cover their medical expenses, up to €150,000 (about $176,000). " That doesn't mean if you catch it once you've got to where you're going to, as I read it, but only during the journey, ie the flight, which is going to be difficult to prove.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

exile

Post by exile »

I wonder if there is a difference between the use of the word "journey" rather than "flight" which might ne more common if it referred purely to the period while in the air.
What I did not spot in the Forbes report is what happens if you are a consequential victim - so sat nearby the victim on the plane and forced to isolate as a consequence. It's probably allthere in the fine detail.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Diagnosed during the journey means showing symptoms, being tested and getting a +ve result for CV19, no passenger aircraft is geared up for that so it must mean during the duration of your stay between outbound & return flights, no doubt loads of conditions and probably only available for up to 14 day stays.

A good point Exile!

FrenchForumSurvivor

Well, I'm wrong, and LD is wrong with his 14 days idea - it's for 31 days from your first flight. https://www.emirates.com/english/help/covid19-cover/
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

It's better to be imprecisely right than precisely wrong :good:

FrenchForumSurvivor

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:56 pm
It's better to be imprecisely right than precisely wrong :good:
And to admit it when you're wrong.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Agreed and I'm always happy to do so but when it comes to ideas (your words) or guesses, propositions etc (probability, my words) is it really appropriate?

BTW the phrase was not aimed at you, its one from a previous life but always valid.

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Apparently a traveler to NZ was tested as negative before he went into 14 day isolation. Three days later he tested positive. Plenty of wiggle room there.