Asian hornets

Whether it's a Caterpillar or Wolf this is the place to discuss and ask questions.
Captain Morgan

Re: Asian hornets

Post by Captain Morgan »

Lapourtaider wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:38 pm
Hornets generally return to their nest at dusk, and become less active, when dealing with them it's the preferred time.
I thought do too, but there they were. I might try an experiment, leave the outside lights on this evening a take a picture.

CHIPPY

Post by CHIPPY »

We have a very large fig tree in our garden with everything buzzy enjoying the fruit at the moment. Ending up in our birdbaths and plant trays too. After the fruit falls, we cant eat that much i've made chutney for the next year and in honey and butter, it is getting a severe cut back to the stump. So they can buzz off.
All good causes start out with good intentions, become a business and then degenerate into a racket

Veem

Post by Veem »

For the past week or so we've been visited by large 'ordinary' hornets. I don't think we've had any after dusk though. Certainly the Asian hornets returned to the nest for the night around dusk. The large 'ordinary' ones we have seem to be pretty docile unless something winds them up.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

We have had three indoors recently just after dark. A right scramble I can tell you trying to get close enough to deal with them with a fly swatter. :shock:
World beating track and trace. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: