Travel Doc. for going to UK

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Timoth

Travel Doc. for going to UK

Post by Timoth »

Popping to UK for a few days tomorrow. Had to fill in the travel form. The thing is nearly three pages long and needs a PhD and a ton of patience to complete it.. The mind that designed it really wants to stop people travelling altogether, forever. Could have been cut by half. I mean, for example, what is the point of having to say to the minute what time you will be arriving.

tim17

Re: Travel Doc. for going to UK

Post by tim17 »

What travel documents are needed to go to the UK Timoth?

As an aside and totally irrelevant my eldest stepdaughter calls me MothyTim. :)

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

It's the gov uk form which asks why you're going, where you'll be staying etc etc.

My OH was caught out on Wednesday morning at newhaven. We didn't realise the form was still necessary so I hadn't done one.

He is not computer savvy, so didn't know what to do. Fortunately a young man took pity and did it for him.

Quite a few people were also in their cars doing the form.

Husband was told it has to be done every time you visit UK

tim17

Post by tim17 »

Thanks MOTM, I had no idea forms were still required so glad this came up as we should be going to the UK in a couple of months.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

After wading through the confusing and contradictory Government communications I conclude that the form is no longer needed when travelling from France because there is no requirement for the person to self isolate, it was not needed when I last travelled but the quarantine restriction had just been lifted, nonetheless they asked for it and it would have caused delays and frustrations if I didnt have it.

L'Oiseau travelled the day before and was not asked for it.

You may be refused permission to enter the UK (if you are not a British citizen), or fined if you do not to provide your contact details or do not self-isolate, unless you arrive in the UK from an exempt country.

I am travelling again very soon, it was such a work up last time and when I finally printed it I saw I had made some mistakes, all they were interested in was that I had the magic piece of paper not that it was filled out correctly or that it wasn't a complete forgery, they didnt even note the number.

I wont bother next time, I might still have the old one anyway.

Plog

Post by Plog »

Husband was told it has to be done every time you visit UK
Yep, the UK gov website(s) is clear as mud but that's my (and others) understanding of the current situation - no quarantine but there is still a UK gov requirement to have a completed a Passenger Locator Form on arrival in the UK.

Whether Border Officials ask to see it is another matter. :roll:

Also going the "other way" some operators are still demanding that before departing the UK passengers complete a sworn statement certifying they do not have any symptoms of Covid-19. :roll: :roll: