Any IT problems opening links or anything else, go to this section .

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Le Démerdeur

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish!!!!

Post by Le Démerdeur »

If only I were to have a computer friend :(

Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm a complete numpty at computer stuff and I can see the video! - must be sheer luck! :lol:

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

suein56 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Edit: I use Chrome on all my appliances so perhaps try that on your laptop .. you don't have to make it your default browser .
Not a chrome issue for me, I use chrome on both my phone and laptop. Now at home and watched it fine on my laptop, it was as suspected a problem with my spare phone.

Le Démerdeur

Re: Any IT problems opening links or anything else, go to this section .

Post by Le Démerdeur »

These things seem random, I'm quite relieved that for once I was not the only one affected.

If the site was loading loads of extra trackers & things then thats what probably caused the video to stop playing on my really old & by todays standards slow computer.

In Firefox it often shows all the stuff that its connecting to and sharing data with, quite frightening when its social medai platforms that I dont even use and have no access to (nor desire to have), but like many of these small things that appear on the edges of the screen (icons especially) I dont see them with my narrow field of vision, I have to know they are there and go looking for them, didn't think to do so with the video.

I am still getting up the courage to install the Noscript thing, I think that will remove most of my frustration with pop ups and hopefully speed things up.

Finally thankyou to ATS for moving my posting and those following to here, I'm afraid I had forgotten all about it.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:48 pm
I am still getting up the courage to install the Noscript thing, I think that will remove most of my frustration with pop ups and hopefully speed things up.
You still haven't done it?! I thought you were going to do it last week. If you install it and you don't like it, you can uninstall it, it doesn't need courage and it doesn't own you. FFS. :roll:
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

When I said come to this section, I didn’t mean this thread but start new threads in this section about IT problems so will lock this thread now.