Will you be sorry

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Nifty

Will you be sorry

Post by Nifty »

Bald Eagle

Re: Will you be sorry

Post by Bald Eagle »

Feisty lad! Personally, I've already decided that come my 75th birthday I am not paying a TV licence fee any more. Numerous folk in Europe watch it with nothing going to the BBC anyway.
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Monsieur3seas

Post by Monsieur3seas »

I think the beeb should be allowed to sell advertising to have a better income and make better programs, currently the cost of the license is not good value.

niemeyjt

Post by niemeyjt »

When the BBC starts to put its house in order (what does Gary Lineker earn nowadays) then I will start to sympathise with its plight.

exile

Post by exile »

But surely if the BBC does not pay the commercial rate for its celebrity presenters we will just get third rate presenters. They learned that lesson many moons ago when a number of key presenters went off to Al Jazeera.

As for value for money, that is of course subjective but at less than the cost of a pression per day, I don't find the fee excessive - not that I have to pay it of course.

b33jay

Post by b33jay »

niemeyjt wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:39 am
When the BBC starts to put its house in order (what does Gary Lineker earn nowadays) then I will start to sympathise with its plight.

Gary Lineker is the BBC’s highest-paid presenter - earning a mammoth £1.75million per year

Monsieur3seas

Post by Monsieur3seas »

value for money is of course subjective - a pression a day for BBC, 26 centimes a day for netflix!

for those resident or having property in UK with a television remember to pay your fee. when living outside of UK but still having a place in UK I did not tell the BBC that I was away and had no intention of using the television. my neighbours had to stop them breaking down the door to take the tele (or something of value). when I heard of this i was a littled peeved but a telephone call sorted it out.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

b33jay wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:17 pm
niemeyjt wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:39 am

Gary Lineker is the BBC’s highest-paid presenter - earning a mammoth £1.75million per year
I can't imagine being able to get through that much money in a year...............unless I was addicted to gambling.
Visit historic Barnard Castle. Lockdown day trips now available.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Aardvark wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 pm
I can't imagine being able to get through that much money in a year...............unless I was addicted to gambling.
[/quote]

Oo I can and I wouldn't need to go anywhere near a bookie's.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Ally

Post by Ally »

If you're unhappy with the BBC and/or the TV tax it's easy enough to opt out. The TV licensing web site has instructions on how to go about it. I did it nearly 10 years ago. We each get by fine without the other. The best of BBC drama ends up on Dutch telly, NPO, and the BBC's current affairs get my goat in the main. Most other UK TV is available somewhere on catch up, again a lot of it on NPO. Tonight though, its #prideamsterdam2020