No doubt, this will ***king upset someone. ***k them.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Annabelle's Papa

Re: No doubt, this will ***king upset someone. ***k them.

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Annabelle's Papa wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:54 pm
having lived in France for over a year and dealt with French bureaucracy (had to check spelling on that)
I really struggle with spelling in English these days whereas I once (thought I) was invinciable, I have had a mental block with bureaucracy for years, like many other words my fingers start typing it incorrectly, my eyes see it but I cant then work out the correct spelling.

Then it dawned on me that bureaucrat and bureaucracy come from the French word bureau so now I know how to spell it.

Despite that my fingers started typing beuro :( :( :( but at least I now have the aide mémoire.
Uncanny !
That was my total thought process :good:
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Just write "fuck" it's in the https://dictionary.cambridge.org/ for fucks sake! That's me banned for using "offensive" language. :shock:
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Ally

Post by Ally »

It's ok from time to time for some of the reason stated in the film but even I would find it too much in every other post. I went off Billy Connolly when he over did it because it got a chuckle from middle class audiences who'd never seen a shipyard worker in the wild before.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

It looses its impact if it becomes just another word,used occasionally it has power

Ally

Post by Ally »

That too.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:42 pm
Just write "fuck" it's in the https://dictionary.cambridge.org/ for fucks sake! That's me banned for using "offensive" language. :shock:
This from the chap who objected once to acronyms such as WTF and FFS on a public forum because he might have to explain them to his grandson. :roll:

The "c" word is in the same dictionary and, with one or two notable exceptions, it's not written on the forum. Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean we should use it in public.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Ally

Post by Ally »

Holy moley. I cannae remember what I wrote myself yesterday yet there's folk on here can go back days, weeks, months and even years to remember something someone else wrote. Be friends. 🙂

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Time for a reminder perhaps. viewtopic.php?&t=3&p=3#p3
'....
Have some respect for each and every person on here please. Racist or sexist language will not be tolerated. Remember, not everyone that comes on here might be an adult so swearing just because you can with words not being blocked on here does not mean that it is always acceptable to everyone and so it does not mean that strong language will never be deleted and it could result in you losing your whole post.
...."

edit Ally, I like that, new motto "Be friends", a positive forum culture :P

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:36 pm
Bald Eagle wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:42 pm
This from the chap who objected once to acronyms such as WTF and FFS on a public forum because he might have to explain them to his grandson. :roll:

The "c" word is in the same dictionary and, with one or two notable exceptions, it's not written on the forum. Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean we should use it in public.
Well Pete I knew who you were when I saw the FrenchForumSurvivor name you use on here. On the other forum you were always using acronyms such as FFS etc. Not "might have to explain them" but did explain them. He wasn't impressed with you. Finished with your stupid arguments now so that I don't get banned on here. Bye!
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Okay boys,what happens on tour stays on tour