Three things I miss from Brittany.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Bald Eagle

Re: Three things I miss from Brittany.

Post by Bald Eagle »

It was gorgeous! Unfortunately, due to all the beans, there will be major winds in Selby tonight! :good:
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:11 pm
It was gorgeous! Unfortunately, due to all the beans, there will be major winds in Selby tonight! :good:
As I've said before it really is a shit hole. Ex miners with chips on their shoulders the size of a 56lb bag of spuds.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Lemorvan wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:50 pm
Bald Eagle wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:11 pm
As I've said before it really is a shit hole. Ex miners with chips on their shoulders the size of a 56lb bag of spuds.
Keep chipping away Lemorvan you really need to take more fibre to loosen your misconceptions! By the way all the superpits around here were closed in 2004. So no miners. Put another lie up mate to have it knocked down.

You are obviously not seeing my tagline.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Do you two have some previous?

Otherwise it does seem an unwarranted attack on your area, miners, ex miners, their families and descendants, it touched a nerve with me.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

I used to get it on every site I've been on. Couldn't care less what people think about Selby Le Démerdeur. I wasn't even born here. However, folk putting up stuff that is totally untrue is over the top on a friendly forum like this.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

LD said: “Do you two have some previous?” and I wondered the same, as there seems no meeting of minds at all, just throwing out not very pleasant comments by Lemorvan, which is a pity on here.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:43 am

Otherwise it does seem an unwarranted attack on your area, miners, ex miners, their families and descendants, it touched a nerve with me.
I have absolutely no issues or “previous” with Bald Eagle, my comments regarding Selby and some of its inhabitants is based on my experiences over the past 25 years whilst having to visit the place.

jsks

Post by jsks »

Lemorvan wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:18 pm
Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:43 am

I have absolutely no issues or “previous” with Bald Eagle, my comments regarding Selby and some of its inhabitants is based on my experiences over the past 25 years whilst having to visit the place.
But why feel the need to express your unasked for opinion of Selby? Does it make you feel big or something?

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Are we not allowed to express our opinions? I was originally responding to the link posted by Treiziste.
Expressing my opinion doesn’t make me feel big or even something, it’s my opinion that is all. If you don’t like it I can’t do anything about that.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Raining (yet again) today so I shall write a precis of Selby for your delectation. :good: