God love her.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Ally

God love her.

Post by Ally »

They've presided over rising poverty, reduced pension rights, Brexit, a collapsing economy, an abysmal handling of a health crisis and a dimunition of democracy among other things but Tory members are choosing now to cut up their membership cards because they've been asked to wear a face covering to halt the spread of Covid 19 and protect others.
The Modern Selfservatives.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 6.html?amp

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: God love her.

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

You've got to love 'em - not. Childish reactions the lot of them, typified by this: " Douglas Carswell, a former Tory MP, responded to the announcement by declaring he would no longer be shopping. 'Oh well,' he tweeted. 'No more going to the shops for me.' "
One doctor at a London hospital told the PA news agency: "I wore an FFP3 [respiratory mask], some goggles, a hat, a full-length gown with the consistency of a bin bag and two pairs of gloves solidly for about two months. A bunch of Tories can wear a napkin over their face to go Waitrose."
Quite.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

And in France?
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

timbo

Post by timbo »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 pm
And in France?
You seem to be under the impression that this is a forum for anyone living, holidaying or with a general interest of living in France,
and not a forum for bashing the government of another country, elected because the opposition were a complete shambles.

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

That’s odd because my last two threads are just about France but I do like talking about my “home” country too. I also just finished reading about the three young men in Iran tonight facing the death penalty, be warned, I might start a thread about that too ;)

But to answer bald eagle, I haven’t seen or read anything similar happening here and I look at twitter France too.

Ally

Post by Ally »

timbo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:50 pm
Bald Eagle wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 pm
And in France?
You seem to be under the impression that this is a forum for anyone living, holidaying or with a general interest of living in France,
and not a forum for bashing the government of another country, elected because the opposition were a complete shambles.
Did you think that? Oh you silly sausage. You can talk about all sorts on here.

search.php?search_id=active_topics

bluebird

Post by bluebird »

Ally wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:31 pm
They've presided over rising poverty, reduced pension rights, Brexit, a collapsing economy, an abysmal handling of a health crisis and a dimunition of democracy among other things but Tory members are choosing now to cut up their membership cards because they've been asked to wear a face covering to halt the spread of Covid 19 and protect others.
The Modern Selfservatives.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 6.html?amp
I guess most Tories take their lead from Cummings and assume that any such Gov't directives are not really for them to adhere to. Such rules and regs are obviously just for the plebs ......

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Has anyone seen Cummings out and about with a mask?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Ally

Post by Ally »

I've never seen him without one.

jsks

Post by jsks »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:38 pm
Has anyone seen Cummings out and about with a mask?
You mean that's his real face we've seen up to now? Poor sod.