Truck driver got that wrong.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Le Démerdeur

Re: Truck driver got that wrong.

Post by Le Démerdeur »

The first time I viewed I thought that the car driver wastrying to cross the road where there was a solid line but on the second view it looked broken but there were arrows pointing to the right, I wonder if he was not at fault & partially responsable for the accident?

Ally

Post by Ally »

Truck driver wisnae paying attention. The car with the camera was only doing 40kph. Clearly the truck was going much faster.

Although...

Brake failure still a possibility. This was a mountainous area and there's a river just ahead of the accident site. So it's quite possible that the truck driver has over applied the brakes on a downward slope, leading to brake fade and total failure.

b33jay

Post by b33jay »

Ally wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:08 pm
Truck driver wisnae paying attention. The car with the camera was only doing 40kph. Clearly the truck was going much faster.

Although...

Brake failure still a possibility. This was a mountainous area and there's a river just ahead of the accident site. So it's quite possible that the truck driver has over applied the brakes on a downward slope, leading to brake fade and total failure.

You may be right as what I thought was steam could be smoke around from the wheels. The speed of the car may be misleading as it was already braking as the video starts (brake lights on) having seen the truck closing from behind.

Ally

Post by Ally »

If you check the speed of the camera car you'll see his speed was 40, 41, 40 Iong enough to show that he wasn't immediately decelerating.

Ally

Post by Ally »

I just looked again. It was several seconds before there was any significant reduction in the camera car's speed. Well after the truck came into view of the camera. I'm veering towards an inattentive truck driver. Inappropriate pun alert. 😝