Getting burgled by a policeman.

A place for some light-hearted chat.

Police and criminal convictions

Poll ended at Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:35 am

1. It's okay for police to be burglars.
No votes
2. I think police should be honest.
32%
3. If it helps make ends meet then it's okay.
5%
4. My roses are doing well this year.
32%
5. I'm shocked you can be a police officer and a criminal.
23%
6. Who gives a stuff.
9%

Total votes: 22

mysty

Getting burgled by a policeman.

Post by mysty »

Did you know and I didn't which is not a great suprise as I'm not brain of Britain material. :P
You can be a policeman or woman in the UK and have criminal convictions.
Personally I think that's wrong.
How can one be a police officer and be a criminal.
Time for a poll.
There is even a trick question for the quizzy members.
One of the options in the poll is of no relevance to the police are you good enough to spot it. :lol:

https://news.sky.com/story/revealed-how ... s-12024290
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

niemeyjt

Re: Getting burgled by a policeman.

Post by niemeyjt »

My roses are doing well this year having fed them plenty of bullsh1t from the Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner - "Dim" Tim Passmore - so that option has to be relevant.

I guess the last option has to be the irrelevant option - I like stuffed peppers.

Ally

Post by Ally »

A police officer beat up my cousin who then needed medical intervention. The officer was found guilty of assault and falsifying the entry in his note book. He also tore a button from his jacket and asked another policeman to corroborate his story. The colleague refused.
Fined £50 and transferred to a town about 12 miles away.
Crimes against the police should carry heavier sentences.
As should crimes committed by the police.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

In perspective it means that less than 0.2% of serving officers have a conviction,a lot of these will have been before they joined/ as a juvenile. Some of the driving offences and maybe assaults may well have been while serving. You can bet your life that vetting and PSD will have throughly looked into it before these officers were allowed to serve /remain serving
Basically it’s just another anti police topic the MSM are so fond off at the moment,come the next terrorist attack the police will be heroes again,for a week

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Good posting Elizabeth. :good:
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

mysty

Post by mysty »

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am
In perspective it means that less than 0.2% of serving officers have a conviction,a lot of these will have been before they joined/ as a juvenile. Some of the driving offences and maybe assaults may well have been while serving. You can bet your life that vetting and PSD will have throughly looked into it before these officers were allowed to serve /remain serving
Basically it’s just another anti police topic the MSM are so fond off at the moment,come the next terrorist attack the police will be heroes again,for a week
I'm sorry I was not looking to bash the police and did not read the article through. The headline looked bad.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

It's unrealistic to expect the police force to be free of criminal behaviour. They represent the population at large, ergo there will some criminals amongst them. For my part, I would prefer the spotlight to be on politicians. They cause far greater problems, responsible for untold death and suffering.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

mysty wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:00 am
Elizabeth wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am
I'm sorry I was not looking to bash the police and did not read the article through. The headline looked bad.
That’s what I am saying Mysty it’s open season on the police at the moment,but in a few weeks they will be heroes again for a couple of days

Ally

Post by Ally »

It should always be open season on police wrong doing. They should be beyond reproach. Saying that wrong doing in the police is reflective of society in general is no excuse. They should be better than that.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I quite agree Ally but it’s open season on all police actions at the moment ,(even perfectly legal stop and searches, )not just criminal activity ,but as I said some of these offences would be before they served .
Also there quite a few driving offences in there ,some civilians commit driving offences would you call them criminals?and say they should loose their job? Some of those driving offences may well have been officers responding to calls, if you were getting seven bells knocked out of you would you want the bobby responding to drive in a nice sedate careful manner ? Or take a couple of chances