Can you tell what kind of fish your eating?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Mrs Archy

Re: Can you tell what kind of fish your eating?

Post by Mrs Archy »

Tom wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:35 am
.....I just cannot eat any fish if it arrives with its head and eyes staring up at me makes me quiver
:lol: No whitebait for you then, Mrs Archy.
Whenever I have been to Italy, I've found that a simple margherita, whether from a pizzeria or street vendor, is simply the best :good:
:roll: It really beats me why French cuisine enjoys such a fabulous reputation when Italy can match virtually every dish and then serve a galaxy of delicious other things such as pasta in all its forms, ice-cream and the best coffee ever,
Absolutely not......can't bear to look at them! and for me I have always preferred Italian cuisine - ooooh yes ice cream to die for and always always Italian coffee on the stove top at home :D
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Did everyone learn to eat fish at home? It’s not a trick question but one that comes from my experience of when I first ordered fish. I was young, taken on a first date to what was considered one of the best restaurants in the city, probably because it was “posh” and expensive (funnily enough ended up going back there for business lunches years later but that bit of info is irrelevant :P ) and for some idiotic reason I chose trout from the menu. I’d never eaten trout and my mum’s cooking was identical to that of Wendy Craig’s character in Butterflies. So the whole trout turned up and I proceeded to massacre it on the plate, taking it apart as if I wanted to make sure it was dead. The poor guy watched all of this and still wanted to go out again. I chose the Waffle House for the next meal out :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

By the way that was not me :P and back in these days that guy had other plans for desert that did not include whether you could eat fish or not. :innocent: :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

My mother was a very good cook and her signature fish dish was fish pie made with 'skate knobs'. She used to send me off to the wetfish shop to buy them, I think they were similar to cod cheeks. pure white fish with no skin or bones.
No double entendres in those days, though the skate was known as the fisherman's friend.
Last edited by TriciaF on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I knew that by law that fishmongers had to remove the female sex organs from skate before putting them on the display, sounds like they did the same with the zi-zi's as well :lol:

bluebird

Post by bluebird »

After the Storm 2 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:53 am
Did everyone learn to eat fish at home? It’s not a trick question but one that comes from my experience of when I first ordered fish. I was young, taken on a first date to what was considered one of the best restaurants in the city, probably because it was “posh” and expensive (funnily enough ended up going back there for business lunches years later but that bit of info is irrelevant :P ) and for some idiotic reason I chose trout from the menu. I’d never eaten trout and my mum’s cooking was identical to that of Wendy Craig’s character in Butterflies. So the whole trout turned up and I proceeded to massacre it on the plate, taking it apart as if I wanted to make sure it was dead. The poor guy watched all of this and still wanted to go out again. I chose the Waffle House for the next meal out :lol:
fish fingers .jpg
Should have played it safe ATS, and opted for proper fish :lol: :lol: