What is it like on board Brittany Ferries at the moment.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Londonclay

Re: What is it like on board Brittany Ferries at the moment.

Post by Londonclay »

We came out of quarantine at the weekend having travelled safely back with Brittany Ferries, however the app that should be completed before travel wasn’t working so at Portsmouth the QR wasn’t requested. Of course we have stayed in the house and only went into the garden in the last few days for a quick walk to the shed and back. However when trying to re-educate our legs today the majority of people out and about didn’t wear masks nor did they make any attempt to social distance unlike us who jumped away from everyone. In France we only went out to buy food and everyone appeared to be masked and kept well apart. Unless the U.K. population wake up to their individual responsibilities our future is perilous.

lindal1000

Post by lindal1000 »

I know that you can self isolate at an address and other people at that address don't have to self isolate. So if we hop over to see the MIL we will have to stay in the confines of the house and garden but she can still pop to the shops.

I was talking with the son of someone who is here visiting his mother and he was saying that if he tested positive for the virus he would only have to quarantine for 7 days, but when he goes back it is 14 days.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

And it would be 14 days even if he tested negative!!!!!!!

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:39 pm
JohnnyD wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:48 am
I think the two weeks quarantine on return to U.K. is putting lots of people off, I would have gone over again this month to do more work on the house if it wasn’t for that......
As a responsible person I'm sure you would self-isolate as far as reasonably possible on your return, dog-walking 3 times a day isn't likely to get you into trouble. It's not as if they impose a watcher to make sure no-one steps out of line.
exile wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 pm
Sorry FFS
Lockdown is lockdown - you can walk the dog.
Quarantine is quarantine - you cannot leave the house for any reason except in the most urgent medical need and that does not include getting meds from the chemist.
I appreciate that, exile, but we are talking about the UK, where the left hand and the right hand aren't on speaking terms.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

JohnnyD

Re: What is it like on board Brittany Ferries at the moment.o

Post by JohnnyD »

Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:06 pm
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:39 pm
JohnnyD wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:48 am
I think the two weeks quarantine on return to U.K. is putting lots of people off, I would have gone over again this month to do more work on the house if it wasn’t for that......
As a responsible person I'm sure you would self-isolate as far as reasonably possible on your return, dog-walking 3 times a day isn't likely to get you into trouble. It's not as if they impose a watcher to make sure no-one steps out of line.
exile wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 pm
Sorry FFS
Lockdown is lockdown - you can walk the dog.
Quarantine is quarantine - you cannot leave the house for any reason except in the most urgent medical need and that does not include getting meds from the chemist.
I appreciate that, exile, but we are talking about the UK, where the left hand and the right hand aren't on speaking terms.
I agree FFS, the quarantine/self isolate in the U.K. is ridiculous, I had to stay in the house and garden for 14 days, but my wife did not have too.......if I had COVID, so would she within hours......complete waste of time, and there are worse areas I could visit in the U.K. than where I was in France, and not have to quarantine/self isolate.

Farce

JD

Elizabeth

Re: What is it like on board Brittany Ferries at the moment.o

Post by Elizabeth »

[quote
I agree FFS, the quarantine/self isolate in the U.K. is ridiculous, I had to stay in the house and garden for 14 days, but my wife did not have too.......if I had COVID, so would she within hours......complete waste of time, and there are worse areas I could visit in the U.K. than where I was in France, and not have to quarantine/self isolate.

Farce

JD
[/quote]

Not necessarily I know several people who live with people who have had active Covid and haven’t caught it

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

There are fines of between £1000 and £100000 (for repeated offences ) can be given for breaking quarantine/ self isolation,there has been much enforcement yet but it will be getting stricter

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD »

But I can travel to Liverpool or Newcastle (just two examples) and serve no quarantine, that was equally my point, I think the 14 day foreign policy is merely to keep the racist brexiters happy and laughing and voting Tory ........

JD

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I do think travel restrictions within the UK will come in soon
The law is the law and if we don’t stick to it we have to take the consequences I don’t like the quarantine rule and if it wasn’t for it I would be in France within days

lindal1000

Post by lindal1000 »

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:29 pm
I do think travel restrictions within the UK will come in soon
The law is the law and if we don’t stick to it we have to take the consequences I don’t like the quarantine rule and if it wasn’t for it I would be in France within days
Unless of course you are Dominic Cummings, or Boris's dad, or the MP photographed on the train without a mask, or the British government who think it's okay to break the law in a limited and specific way. I would never do anything to put anyone else at risk but personally I don't have much respect for the rule of law in the UK and wouldn't go out of my way to adhere to it.