MULTIPLE FORUMS

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Loup-garou

MULTIPLE FORUMS

Post by Loup-garou »

:?:

Many posters here refer to other forums they visit. It made me wonder whether the majority on here visit other such places, be they about France or otherwise.

For my part, I don't visit any other forum, nor do I do any social media option. When we were inbetweeners, I only visited the predecessor of this forum ( :oops: was it French Entree?) when I was in the UK and never whilst I was in France. I'm not sure exactly why that was. Maybe it was the opposite to pastis which I always found did not travel well to the UK.

So, I ask, how many do visit other forums and, if you do, do you visit them daily or less frequently? For the avid forum frequenters, do you do an allé retour of the forum sites in a sitting or do you split visits throughout the day/week?

Just interested.

Le Démerdeur

Re: MULTIPLE FORUMS

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Just this forum for French matters & general current affairs and one car forum for the marque of vehicle that I drive, that one is to keep my knowledge up to date and to remain autonomous because the problems I have are so few that they may be years apart so I am not keeping my hand in and the technology is moving so quickly.

Its an international forum with several UK resident contributors for some reason a disproportionate amount of Scots (canny with their money?) through that I get an insight into life in many other countries.

Never use Twitter, had no choice but to create a Fessbook account to get news from the running club but since the confinement the Presidente is actually communicating to everyone via E-mail so I have no need nor desire to look at Fessbook, I have no Fessbook friends nor do I want any which did not go down well with my sister when I refused her request.

When I travelled I did not visit any forums ever, just kept in touch with people by E-mail, I had no telephone either.

I view the 2 forums much more since the confinement as there is nothing going on to occupy my time.

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

I really just visit this forum these days. The breed specific horsey one I used to use is almost dead, killed by Facebook. I pop in a couple of times a day, depending on what's going on - either in real life or in TNFF world.
I'm also a member of a UK Mercedes one which I visit when something goes wrong with Helga the ML. The members there are remarkably helpful to a random wifey who pops in only occasionally to ask a question. I do make a point of thanking them for their help though, and letting them know how we get on.

Do you keep the same username elsewhere? I'm Stompie on every forum with my piggy avatar.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

This forum, the PAD forum for the Dobermanns and Trucknet UK for lorry drivers.

This one and TNUK daily, and PAD when I get a notification.

Incidentally, thinking about the recent controversy here about the 'thanks' button, I saw a week or so ago that PAD had introduced one for first time. Well, they were j'aime and je n'aime pas, and nobody used it as far as I know till I did. :lol: Nobody has used je n'aime pas, it is a much more polite forum than this one. ;) :D

Same username everywhere but I have never been able to make an avatar although, as a thank you, the Presidente of PAD made one for me. A picture of a little dog I picked up on a main road, his name was Roady. :roll:

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

I only visit this forum. I have looked at others but they don't come anywhere near the quality of this one.

Ally

Post by Ally »

None of the other forums have me. Why would anyone go these?

mysty

Post by mysty »

Ally wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm
Are yoo speaking Scottish. ;)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

I only post here.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Ally

Post by Ally »

mysty wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:40 pm
Ally wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm
Are yoo speaking Scottish. ;)
Typing English badly. "go to these"

tim17

Post by tim17 »

One football, three French including here although I rarely look/post on one as it's pretty dead and ALBF is a regular (quite a clue). To be honest I probably could use my time better but when work's done for the day it's an easy switch off.