Anti-Brexiteers will like this.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Le Démerdeur

Re: Anti-Brexiteers will like this.

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Given that the whole piece was fantasy why would the claim of death threats be any more believable on an account that was recently created for the sole purpose of misleading and now deleted?

Aren't they just the ultimate fandom catnip before shutting up shop?

sprocket

Post by sprocket »

I don't suppose you would find this amusing either.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Extracts from the Plague Diary of Mark ne-Francois-Pepys<br><br>July 2nd 1665<br><br>Up, and to a morning game of whack-a-mole with The Johnson, a doer not a ditherer unless he’s organising lockdowns where he’s a gaffer not a gaffer, and it is a mighty vexing pastime, moles arising <br><br>1/6 <a href="https://t.co/pQwdea6tIW">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Mark ne-Francois-pas MP (@MarkFrancois12) <a href=" 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sprocket

Post by sprocket »

Oops, don't know where all the strange coding is from.

In case people dont read the whole bio - it's a parody account. Hint not the real Pepys nor Mark Francois MP.

ANOther

Post by ANOther »

Nifty wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 am
I think that he may have been on to something, but, was overestimating the amount of time that it would take.
I think you mean UNDERestimating but no matter, a bit like George Orwell and 1984.
Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost in order to lose everything we had...

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

sprocket wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:54 pm
I don't suppose you would find this amusing either.
I assume you meant me as the previous poster, I think I had written that I found it amusing and entertaining, I dont have the Schaudenfreude emotion though which was what the author was feeding to a hungry and growing following, (92K followers the last figure I saw) who will be dissapointed that the account has been closed & they wont be able to read about the fictional meeting at the Mairie tomorrow.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

There was an undercurrent in the original tweet thread that wasn’t pleasant, thick Brexiteers (yes I know) and a note of snobbishness. Further back on his now deleted time line there was another post that was obviously trying to get a response,I think when that didn’t work he upped his game,it took off more than he thought and he panicked

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

ANOther wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:04 pm
Nifty wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 am
I think that he may have been on to something, but, was overestimating the amount of time that it would take.
I think you mean UNDERestimating but no matter, a bit like George Orwell and 1984.
Correct.

landmannnn

Post by landmannnn »

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:07 pm
There was an undercurrent in the original tweet thread that wasn’t pleasant, thick Brexiteers (yes I know) and a note of snobbishness. Further back on his now deleted time line there was another post that was obviously trying to get a response,I think when that didn’t work he upped his game,it took off more than he thought and he panicked
What made it funny was totally believable lack of intelligence of Brexiteers.

What isn't funny is the death threats, remember Jo Cox?

crakpot

Post by crakpot »

As Trumpy often tweets Fake News :roll:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

But thats the thing, where do you draw the line at what is totally believable?

Fictional right up to the point when the fiction writer (who has not admitted to such) then says he has recieved death threats & then its true rather than being totally believable?

Its a dangerous game of manipulation being played, there are some disturbed people that are so influenced by false news that they commit atrocities like the murder you refer to.

Scary that one story teller can be influencing in one way shape or form 92000 and counting people, multiply that across all the similar media and you can see how elections and referendums can be influenced.