Anti-Brexiteers will like this.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: Anti-Brexiteers will like this.

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

If you want to keep up with things, this is the Twitter page: https://twitter.com/archer_rs - it reads in reverse chronological order, so the latest posts are at the top. Refresh every now and again to make sure you don't miss anything.

I do hope he manages to catch the TGV, it will be a real shame if tomorrow's showdown doesn't take place.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

It was a funnyish story but today has become ridiculous, had he spread it over a couple of weeks it would have been better

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

"This account does not exist"

Was it something we said? :D

mysty

Post by mysty »

His family had been getting death threats and numerous hacking attempts of his twitter account.
The pms he was receiving make anything on here look like young boy scouts. :innocent:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I dont know what concerns me more, the state of mind of someone who creates a fantasy like this or those who believe it and are begging for more. Did I not see that there were 42000 followers?

I'd like to think that he is of sane mind and is simply creating a social experiment, he is doing a good job.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

mysty wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 pm
His family had been getting death threats and numerous hacking attempts of his twitter account.
The pms he was receiving make anything on here look like young boy scouts. :innocent:
I got in there via a previous link, I think the underscore on his name was the problem.

Hexenbeest

Post by Hexenbeest »

Seems he may have been exposed and the whole story was a fantasy, as LD said:
I unrolled the twitter thread created by the intrepid investigator so it's easier for those not on Twitter.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1278 ... 83872.html

Here is his actual tweet on Twitter with responses:
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:48 pm
I dont know what concerns me more, the state of mind of someone who creates a fantasy like this or those who believe it and are begging for more. Did I not see that there were 42000 followers?

I'd like to think that he is of sane mind and is simply creating a social experiment, he is doing a good job.
Why couldn't it be true? And even if it's not, why does the state of mind of whoever created it concern you? There are people who think like idiot son, unbelievable as it may be, and writing something which addresses a particular mind set is what any writer of fiction does.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

"Even if its not".

You have doubts?

Good for you for having an open mind, mine was already closed on this tall tale even before people did the sleuthing.

Only confirmation bias could make it believable, far too many probably deliberate giveaways.

I enjoyed reading the comments on the whateveritscalled of Alex Hern, most people were saying that they knew it was false but enjoyed reading it, a few admitted they were had because they so wanted to believe it, one that I liked was the one below:

My impression is that we are in no danger of running out of genuine dunces/ill informed behaviours, so it seems quite unnecessary to invent additional ones and present them to the world as fact.

Like any targetted false news it is throwing fuel on a fire.

sprocket

Post by sprocket »

Such a shame. A harmless bit of fun ends with death threats. It was clear it wasn't true, the twitter author himself said the pics were generic and that he was not using his own name, just like a lot of authors and posts on here. Some are so scornful of others and truly lack a sense of humour.