Daily briefing

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Le Démerdeur

Re: Daily briefing

Post by Le Démerdeur »

mysty wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:31 pm

FFS was given moderator status.
He intervened early on with a member who has never been rude, offensive or even controversial on a forum (as far as I know) or probably not in real life as well. He answered a post that was not directed to him or was in answer to him.
It's unclear, at least to me, whether this intervention was as a moderator privately with the member concerned, publicly on the forum but acting as a moderator or simply as a reply as a forum member to the other members posting which all the mods do.

If it was the latter then I dont understand the use of the phrase "intevened early on" so I am leaning towards the former, perhaps you could confirm.

Actually I am doubly confused as reading again I see you said "he answered a post".

All forum members at some time answer a post that was not directed to them and mods often do either to respond with their views/opinions and sometimes to intervene.

mysty

Post by mysty »

I do not have the time to waste on here.
He would not listen, so would not make a good moderator.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

If you're going to publicly criticise someone, mysty, you have a duty - in common courtesy and fairness - to explain exactly what that person did.

To be fair to you, you normally do act in a fair-minded way.
Same old nonsense.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Ats who has been doing this for a while tried to give him a pointer.
He was not interested as he said it would stifle the way he posts.
End of story.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

I don't want this forum to go the way of so many others as it's far and away the best of the bunch, so I'm not going to get into a slanging match. I know what I said/wrote, and it wasn't that I was not interested.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

mysty wrote:
When I saw whyme's thread (daily briefing) I was 99% certain I knew what it was going to be about. ;)

ATS has spent hours on the phone speaking to members trying to keep the calm or sending pms well after midnight when people contacted her. Vic can confirm that, he had her on the phone for over an hour, she likes people and likes talking :lol:
"Had her on the phone" !
Just to be clear, it wasn't telephone sex, although with her very sexy Scottish lilt it could easily have seemed that way had I not known better . ;)
It was a conversation brought about by her suggesting I wouldn't say certain things to folks faces so the phone was the closest I could manage. It was an interesting chat.
We've crossed swords many times in forum land but I like to think we'd get on like a house on fire in real life.
Not so sure about her old man mind you.

Only joking B :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

I'm not getting into it this FFS and not wanting to carry this on.
She tried to give some advice on one post, I believe she did not get a thanks.
Its done and dusted.
Your no longer stifled in the way you post. :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

why me? wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:35 pm
mysty wrote:
When I saw whyme's thread (daily briefing) I was 99% certain I knew what it was going to be about. ;)

ATS has spent hours on the phone speaking to members trying to keep the calm or sending pms well after midnight when people contacted her. Vic can confirm that, he had her on the phone for over an hour, she likes people and likes talking :lol:
"Had her on the phone" !
Just to be clear, it wasn't telephone sex, although with her very sexy Scottish lilt it could easily have seemed that way had I not known better . ;)
It was a conversation brought about by her suggesting I wouldn't say certain things to folks faces so the phone was the closest I could manage. It was an interesting chat.
We've crossed swords many times in forum land but I like to think we'd get on like a house on fire in real life.
Not so sure about her old man mind you.

Only joking B :lol:

There was only one thing you two had a difference of opinion on here sometimes.
She just looked at it from another angle.
She did enjoy the call but she does not do phone sex. :lol:
If she does I do not know about that.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

I’m so disappointed that AtS has felt that she had to leave the forum due to the attitude and behaviour of certain members.

She has bent over backwards to keep things friendly and on an even keel since I became a member and it has almost always felt a good place to be. It did go off the rails somewhat once and Mysty and AtS planned to close the forum down, but were persuaded to keep it going because so many of us were very disappointed at the thought of losing the forum.

The odd time it hasn’t felt welcoming and friendly I’ve left certain threads and not returned to them; discussion doesn’t have to involve any sort of anger or rudeness - most members are above that sort of response, with just the odd one or two getting carried away and phrasing things in a way that some could find offensive.

I thank Mysty and AtS very much for all that they have done on this forum and I’m so glad that Mysty didn’t throw the towel in because of how things went in exchanges that resulted in AtS withdrawing.

I hope very much that AtS will feel able to return to the forum, even with less involvement, as it’s a worse place without her.

mysty

Post by mysty »

It was not just one thing and she is happy now.