Daily briefing

A place for some light-hearted chat.
whyme?

Daily briefing

Post by whyme? »

Due to the constantly changing names in 'The team' would it be possible to give a daily briefing so that us lesser mortals know whose tail not to tweak on any given day? :innocent: ;)

Ally

Re: Daily briefing

Post by Ally »

Hi Vic. If you click "The Team" button at top of your screen you'll see an up to date list of team members.

Ally.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Just ally and myself now to look out for.
Being a model poster you have nothing to be concerned about.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Ally wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:00 am
Hi Vic. If you click "The Team" button at top of your screen you'll see an up to date list of team members.

Ally.
Yeah I know that which is why I used the term 'The team' (note the lower case 't' in team)

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

why me? wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:53 am
Due to the constantly changing names in 'The team' would it be possible to give a daily briefing so that us lesser mortals know whose tail not to tweak on any given day? :innocent: ;)
Happy anniversary of your name change Vic (for yesterday) ! :lol:
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Annabelle's Papa wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:39 am
why me? wrote:
Why thank you kind sir. I hadn't noticed, Doesn't time fly when you're having fun.
The name change was the collateral damage of Panache & fat fingers &, truth be known, I've enjoyed the slight feeling of anonymity my new name has afforded.
However as folk on this friendly forum seem to enjoy calling me by my given name I'm seriously considering reverting to it & maybe encourage others to use theirs. ;)

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

why me? wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:00 am
Annabelle's Papa wrote:
why me? wrote:
Why thank you kind sir. I hadn't noticed, Doesn't time fly when you're having fun.
The name change was the collateral damage of Panache & fat fingers &, truth be known, I've enjoyed the slight feeling of anonymity my new name has afforded.
However as folk on this friendly forum seem to enjoy calling me by my given name I'm seriously considering reverting to it & maybe encourage others to use theirs. ;)
'Enjoy' has got nothing to do with it; you were known as and called Vic before your account was deleted and because of the efforts, noise, and posts made to restore you to the forum everyone knew that you became why me, so you were known as and called Vic afterwards by those who knew you as that before. Simples.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

Why me, wait around long enough and it'll be your turn to be a mod :lol:

I lasted slightly less than 24 hours, but if they took me ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why not ask for your name to be changed?
Same old nonsense.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:51 pm
why me? wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:00 am
Annabelle's Papa wrote:

'Enjoy' has got nothing to do with it; you were known as and called Vic before your account was deleted and because of the efforts, noise, and posts made to restore you to the forum everyone knew that you became why me, so you were known as and called Vic afterwards by those who knew you as that before. Simples.
"efforts, noise, and posts made to restore you to the forum "
What are you blathering about. It was me who restored myself to the forum by re-registering under another name when my original account was fecked up by the owner & further bolloxed by his attempts to put it right, rendering my original name impossible to use.
My forum name is now why me? but I've no problems with 'friends' on here using my given name which is why I've asked you to refrain. Simples.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Flaneur wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:19 pm
Why me, wait around long enough and it'll be your turn to be a mod :lol:

I lasted slightly less than 24 hours, but if they took me ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why not ask for your name to be changed?
The difference between you & me is that I'm just wise enough to know that I'm certainly not wise enough to sit in judgement on fellow members & therefor would never volunteer myself for the post.
I'm sure I could simply change my forum name myself if I wanted but for the moment I think it can stay.