Making it easier for Brits in the Charentes

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Spardo

Re: Making it easier for Brits in the Charentes

Post by Spardo »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:11 pm
Yes but not once they get into double figures.

We have roads signs written in English around here telling drivers to drive on the right, trouble is they have put them on the right hadd side of the road where they dont do a lot of good :oops:
Yes, and the ones I've seen say 'Keep Your Right'. But in the Charente they obviously have an educated English speaker on the council. Appostrophe in the right place. :good: :lol:

b33jay

Post by b33jay »

Spardo wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:44 pm
Le Démerdeur wrote:

We have roads signs written in English around here telling drivers to drive on the right, trouble is they have put them on the right hadd side of the road where they dont do a lot of good :oops:
Yes, and the ones I've seen say 'Keep Your Right'. But in the Charente they obviously have an educated English speaker on the council. Appostrophe in the right place. :good: :lol:

:? Presumably,the sign reads "Keep to You're Right"? Is the council member un épicier?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

There is a Corner's Pub in the local town, neither owned nor frequented by corners.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

b33jay wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:49 pm
Spardo wrote:
Le Démerdeur wrote:

:? Presumably,the sign reads "Keep to You're Right"? Is the council member un épicier?
No, it says Keep Your Right, instead of the correct, Keep to Your Right. No appostrophe was needed or used. :)

b33jay

Post by b33jay »

Spardo wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:41 pm
b33jay wrote:
Spardo wrote:

No, it says Keep Your Right, instead of the correct, Keep to Your Right. No appostrophe was needed or used. :)
I'm confused, why mention an apostrophe :?

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

b33jay wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:14 pm
Spardo wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:41 pm
b33jay wrote:

I'm confused, why mention an apostrophe :?
Because you put one in your post when you replied to Spardo.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Anyone

Post by Anyone »

Spardo wrote:
Le Démerdeur wrote:

I think you could be wrong frenchforumsurviver, the above was I think b33jay was referring to.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Anyone wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:08 pm
Spardo wrote:
Le Démerdeur wrote:

I think you could be wrong frenchforumsurviver, the above was I think b33jay was referring to.
FFS was right, your quote of me above was in reference to the Charente sign in which there was a correctly placed apostrophe. B33jay for some reason misunderstood my reference to LD's post about Picardie. ;)

Anyone

Post by Anyone »

I think the misunderstanding is understandable.

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

Same old nonsense.