RHD vehicles in France.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: RHD vehicles in France.

Post by mysty »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:53 pm
I have a dilemma with a RHD French plated car stuck in the UK that I want to sell. Travel & quarantine restrictions plus the cost are the big issue.

Its not worth a lot in the UK, say £1000, my pal thinks he can sell it on the FB groups for significantly more than that, A LHD example here with triple the mileage would be 3 x the cost.

But the thought has just come to me that I could try selling it on Ebay UK as it would be worth more than the UK price to a second home owner or French resident or perhaps to a UK resident scrote that wants to drive around with impunity from speed cameras, road tolls, congestion charges, pay & display charges etc.

Any thoughts?
Last night you were a good law abiding citizen, today however your looking for someone who wants to break the law. :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Good point!

Maybe I should not put in the Ebay listing that I am looking for a scrote, I'm sure they would find me anyway.

Do you put in your property listings that only pigeons should apply?

bluebird

Post by bluebird »

Theres been a lot about this subject on this and other forums. Ultimately it really does come down to personal preference.

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Look at price of cars in France....eye watering.

We bought our with us as had got it new via previous UK scrappage scheme, so cost us not a lot. No need to change headlamps as was new enough to have adjustable ones. Reregistered it here, and 12 years later it’s still doing fine. We will basically run it into the ground and then our local garage said he would take it for parts.

treiziste

Post by treiziste »

When you re registered in France did you need to provide a Certificate of Conformity for the Carte Grise ?

If so, did you need to get from the UK or French side ?

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

treiziste wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 am
When you re registered in France did you need to provide a Certificate of Conformity for the Carte Grise ?

If so, did you need to get from the UK or French side ?
The procedure is quite clear:-

"The Certificate of Conformity should be issued by the manufacturer's representative in the country where the vehicle was first registered"
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell