Anyone know anything about painting

A place for some light-hearted chat.
FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: Anyone know anything about painting

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

If the Americans can make do with just a flag on the tail, why can't the English do the same? It's bound to be less expensive; the design's already available, it's recognisable, and the work could be done in half a day.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

They'd best be careful getting a cheap job. Some Brexiter could well paint the union flag upside down. :lol:
Visit historic Barnard Castle. Lockdown day trips now available.

elsie

Post by elsie »

From various comments to newspaper articles (e.g. FT), it seems the the £900K may not be just for a splash of paint. If the comments are correct, there is some interior refurbishment (possibly including stripping out and replacing confidential security equipment while the work was done) and a full maintenance. The plane was possibly due for a repaint (last in 2016) but changing from grey to red, white and blue means extra expense as it needs to be stripped to the bare metal. I'm surprised if that is the case there hasn't been some sort of correction announcement.

FrenchForumSurvivor

elsie wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:44 pm
From various comments to newspaper articles (e.g. FT), it seems the the £900K may not be just for a splash of paint. If the comments are correct, there is some interior refurbishment (possibly including stripping out and replacing confidential security equipment while the work was done) and a full maintenance. The plane was possibly due for a repaint (last in 2016) but changing from grey to red, white and blue means extra expense as it needs to be stripped to the bare metal. I'm surprised if that is the case there hasn't been some sort of correction announcement.
Like there was for the "We've got lots of PPE arriving next week" announcement?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Aardvark wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:30 pm
They'd best be careful getting a cheap job. Some Brexiter could well paint the union flag upside down. :lol:
I think you mean Remainer. :roll:
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

I trust the new paint-job is peel-off. I suspect that fairly soon the Scots will want the blue bits back and some of the white.

Ally

Post by Ally »

And a wing.

Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

A retired RAF guy apparently asked " who wants to fly a brightly coloured lollipop in a combat zone?"

Ally

Post by Ally »

Anyone know anything about painting union jacks? It's been claimed that the two on Air Farce One are upside down. It certainly looks like it to me, but I can't believe that even this shower of incompetents could make such a fundamental mistake. Is it a matter of interpretation?
IMG_20200626_122336.jpg

FrenchForumSurvivor

Ally wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:27 pm
Anyone know anything about painting union jacks? It's been claimed that the two on Air Farce One are upside down. It certainly looks like it to me, but I can't believe that even this shower of incompetents could make such a fundamental mistake. Is it a matter of interpretation?
The photo on the right that's been circled appears to be the right way up, according to wikipedia's page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack