Why is everyone so angry at the moment?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Oldblueraincoat

Re: Why is everyone so angry at the moment?

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:31 pm
People don't wind me up but inanimate things can. When I used to service my car the expletives shouted at a stuck nut or screw was unbelievable. Only this morning I have put together a hose reel where all you have to do is follow the "pictures" on the box. It nearly went straight to the skip!
Kindred spirit here BE

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:31 pm
People don't wind me up but inanimate things can. When I used to service my car the expletives shouted at a stuck nut or screw was unbelievable. Only this morning I have put together a hose reel where all you have to do is follow the "pictures" on the box. It nearly went straight to the skip!
Oh that makes me feel so good as I thought I was the only person that sort of thing happened to.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

As with the above posts. I have learnt to become calm over the last few years, my wife would probably disagree but I only get mad at inanimate objects, yesterday it was some roof bars for my car.

I researched them for days, price, aerodynamics and simple to fit was the criteria, I was impressed that I could input my registration number and it would confirm the car make, model and year of manufacture, all aligned so I place the order...

Fitted the first of two rails no problem, second one would not fit, it was too short, I measured between the roof rails, they are actually curved making a gap between 104cm -109cm, the bars only measured 105cm. Instead of getting mad I calmed myself by working out how I could adjust the clamping mechanism to allow it to fit, what I thought would take me 15-20 minutes took 4 hours but I made them fit, I contacted the manufacturer to ask why it asked for the registration number to accurately tell you if the bars would fit having clearly not attempted to do it on the my model of car. They came back to me very quickly, hands up, they said they hadn't actually checked if it would fit my car and issued a full refund as an apology, I didn't reply to say I had fitted them. A small victory in the scheme of things ! :good:
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley