timbo wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:50 am
Nifty wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:41 am
Nifty wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:32 am
How is It connected to King Kong ?
Rephrase question
How is Gone With The Wind connected to King Kong ?
+
What does BLM mean?
The King Kong set and a few other redundant sets were set on fire to film the opening scene (burning of Atlanta)

BLM, Black Lives Matter

Any connection ?

Elizabeth

Re: Gone With The Wind

Post by Elizabeth »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:36 pm
In the days before 3 innocent people were killed in a park and many others injured, the Police were very quick to categorise it as a terrorist attack which struck me as strange because usually they do all that they can to refute the suggestion until there is clear and incontrovertible evidence.

Given the current tinderbox climate and the worldwide protests had they issued their usual "there is nothing to suggest that this was a terrorist or racially motivated attack" the results would have been more than a banner using the slogan accepted without question across the world.
There had been a BLM rally in the park that day but was over by the time of the incident I suspect that a few participants in that had hung around making the most of a nice evening and possibly the reason the police were so quickly in attendance. The original statement from Thames Valley Police stated no reason to think it was a terrorist incident. That changed after the police searched his flat so I imagine that what was found in the flat gave them a reason to say terrorism. However it was becoming known that the victims were members of the LBGT+ community so it would leave TVP with a dilemma, jump in and say terrorist incident causing anger or let the possibility it was an attack on the LBGT+ Community develop

Jackie

Post by Jackie »

This is now deflecting away from the BLM message and I guess it’s deliberate. It was being reported a week or so ago in the usual rags that there were plans to take down Churchill’s statue when there were no such plans at all. Bozo tweeted more about statues than he has done about Covid19 apparently.

Some idiot at the Beeb removed some tv programmes from I-player and the media leapt on it. It’s a manufactured culture war intended to deflect away from the BLM message in the same way as ‘All lives Matter’ is by people who are totally missing the point in the first place.

Stephen McGann puts it better than I ever could about the people who feel threatened by the BLM movement
7FB73656-EC0E-4156-9F6C-F92906AE9806.jpeg

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

What McGann said Jackie seems so obvious that you wouldn't think it needed to be said.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm

There had been a BLM rally in the park that day but was over by the time of the incident I suspect that a few participants in that had hung around making the most of a nice evening and possibly the reason the police were so quickly in attendance. The original statement from Thames Valley Police stated no reason to think it was a terrorist incident. That changed after the police searched his flat so I imagine that what was found in the flat gave them a reason to say terrorism. However it was becoming known that the victims were members of the LBGT+ community so it would leave TVP with a dilemma, jump in and say terrorist incident causing anger or let the possibility it was an attack on the LBGT+ Community develop
I didn't know about the rally Elizabeth, thanks for explaining.

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

Jackie wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:41 pm
This is now deflecting away from the BLM message and I guess it’s deliberate.
I think you're right. The left and far-right are exploiting BLM for their own political ends. I suspect there is also exploitation by others in the media and sport and the arts, those people who have suddenly started talking about racism and discrimination because it's a popular topic.

There was a lot of debate - led by the media - and calls for Churchill's statue to be removed. The usual suspects were wheeled onto the BBC and other media, and several seemed to have used Wikipedia for their research.
Same old nonsense.

mysty

Post by mysty »

NINTCHDBPICT000591152770-5.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT000591152770-5.jpg (10.89 KiB) Viewed 89 times

Yardley and his right wing friend who organised the white lifes matter banner.
He lost his job over it.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

mysty wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:58 pm

He lost his job over it.
Best of luck to his employer attempting to explain to the employment tribunal why he was sacked. He didn't do anything illegal - apparently.
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

However some of the reports you read say he lost his job because of this and other issues,so it depends what the other issues are

mysty

Post by mysty »

Fitter wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:14 am
mysty wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:58 pm

He lost his job over it.
Best of luck to his employer attempting to explain to the employment tribunal why he was sacked. He didn't do anything illegal - apparently.
If he did nothing wrong why was he banned for life from a football ground?
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience