This is the kind of crap we got from members who tried to poison the forum

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Elizabeth

Re: This is the kind of crap we got from members who tried to poison the forum

Post by Elizabeth »

A police forum had a What Silly Things You Did On Duty topic. Going out on foot with your helmet on backwards, fastening your handcuffs round the seat belt and going flying when you got out of the car etc. Basic stuff
The Daily Fail did a whole article about foolish things the police do. Lifted directly

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

PatF wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:40 pm
ps I might change my username on here - how do I do it?
We can do that for you, who would you like to be today? :P

Re the other part of your post, if this place started having put up what we’ve been on the receiving end of then I’d close it, no one deserves a platform to be twisted or hateful and anyone holding so much hatred ought to find something else to do in life that makes them feel better.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

PatF wrote:
I changed my user name- an abbreviation of my real name - on another forum because some threads were picked up by the press and appeared in print in their newspaper. Not my name. TG.
I think it's legal for them to do this - look what's published from Twitter.
As for saying critical things about others via pm to the mods, if we can't restrain ourselves, best to write it to the person openly on the forum. Even if it's eventually deleted. Otherwise it's like children telling tales.
I remember having some spats with Bentley - I always came off worse.
I did wonder that too, I didn't know you could. Not that I am intending to, it has been the same for a long time now. ;)

Ally

Post by Ally »

I've reported on here before how the sun tried to blow my cover in a major frontpage story. Had they not wrongly stated my home town I would have been exposed.
Nothing illegal. Just a money making enterprise that on that particular occasion offended their morals, but no different from how they conduct themselves normally.
That particular online presence was quickly shut down.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Anything that's said here can be picked up on Google. I have several times googled things that I wanted to know about and quite high on the list has come a thread or two in Trucknet UK. Sometimes threads I have been involved in. :D

As far as I am concerned, everything I say here is in the public domain, so I wouldn't say anything that I would be ashamed or embarrassed to see published anywhere else.

After the Storm

Spardo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:22 pm

I did wonder that too, I didn't know you could. Not that I am intending to, it has been the same for a long time now. ;)
As I said to PatF just above you, we can do that for you. It’s just your username, not complicated and we’ve been asked to do it before when someone has joined and then noticed they misspelt something or missed out a space. If you had an avatar then people notice that and don’t read the name, I found that out this morning :P

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

PatF wrote:
I changed my user name- an abbreviation of my real name - on another forum because some threads were picked up by the press and appeared in print in their newspaper. Not my name. TG.
I think it's legal for them to do this - look what's published from Twitter.
As for saying critical things about others via pm to the mods, if we can't restrain ourselves, best to write it to the person openly on the forum. Even if it's eventually deleted. Otherwise it's like children telling tales.
I remember having some spats with Bentley - I always came off worse.

How will we ever know it’s you, Pat?

I know, you could have your new username followed by ex-Pat! 😄

Veem

Post by Veem »

psychopathic wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 pm
Spardo wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:22 pm

As I said to PatF just above you, we can do that for you. It’s just your username, not complicated and we’ve been asked to do it before when someone has joined and then noticed they misspelt something or missed out a space. If you had an avatar then people notice that and don’t read the name, I found that out this morning :P
I'm so glad you have clarified that AtS. It's been bugging me whilst catching up on here, that someone else had chosen the same avatar as you.

After the Storm

Veem, you can blame mysty's bad sense of humour this morning for that :)

Veem

Post by Veem »

Is that his pet name for you then? :good: Glad to see things are back to normal.