Deleted topics (again)

A place for some light-hearted chat.
FrenchForumSurvivor

Deleted topics (again)

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Far better to lock a contentious topic than delete it, that way some people can learn from their mistakes. In case anyone's wondering, I'm talking about the topic "THE "LIKE" THING": that's 7 responses I've been notified of that I won't see unless the topic is undeleted and locked.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

niemeyjt

Re: Deleted topics (again)

Post by niemeyjt »

Whilst I would agree in principal, some posts seemed to be getting libelous thus needing editing - and I guess from A&M perspective it is less work to just remove the topic.

Jackie

Post by Jackie »

Must have missed that one..

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Thank you for recognising that Niemeyjt. I was typing up that if FFS thought I had nothing better to do than go around editing posts then he was mistaken, same thing will be done in future if it happens again. The thread went so far off topic it became ridiculous.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Plus at least one of us lost all interest in it and gave up following it.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

After the Storm wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 pm
Thank you for recognising that Niemeyjt. I was typing up that if FFS thought I had nothing better to do than go around editing posts then he was mistaken, same thing will be done in future if it happens again. The thread went so far off topic it became ridiculous.
Of course I didn't think that, I've been in your position so I know. Just lock the topic, stops the way off-topic drift but leaves it available to show people what went wrong. No need to edit, just leave it in situ.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Ooooo, please don’t put my words in bold, it makes it look like I’m shouting and that would be bad. I had typed up saying to you that I wasn’t going to spend time editing but I was so slow that N posted in between so I hacked my reply to you for it to reply to him so it made sense but it looked curt to you which was not my intention so sorry for that, it wasn’t meant that way. It was meant to be an explanation that I’ve spent too long on here tonight already.

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou »

It's not often I start a topic ....................................... and that's the thanks I get! :lol: