Been to a restaurant yet?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Mangetout

Been to a restaurant yet?

Post by Mangetout »

Has anyone been out to eat since the restrictions were lifted? We would love to but still feel a bit nervous.

Lapourtaider

Re: Been to a restaurant yet?

Post by Lapourtaider »

Went yesterday for the first time. But it was to a restaurant that we were confident in the attention to detail of the owner. That confidence was not misplaced. Only tables around the walls occupied, so you didn't need to walk past occupied tables to go to the toilet for example. Staff handwashing after each interaction with customers. Customers wore masks when going to the toilet. All very well organised and felt completely safe.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Not even been to a cafe yet. Too soon in my opinion.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Not yet, but on Monday our local bar is open again and the chippy is putting in an appearance. You have to book a table and wear a mask, but as I will get a takeaway will just wear a mask. Might feel a bit foolish being the only one covered up as, as soon as they get their meals, everyone else will be naked. :o

Facially, that is. :roll:

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

No.

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly »

Yes, we went on Tuesday evening to a local resto, it's first day of opening. The evening was set fair, so the meal was taken on/in the terrace/garden. The tables were set out to be at least the minimum distances apart although the one we chose was considerably distant to the remainder.
The staff, without exception, were masked, even the chef, and we were required to wear masks whilst entering the resto and, if necessary, when visiting the bog or generally moving about. I did notice that two couples, who had reservations, be refused entry as they would not conform and wear masks. The cartes were printed and disposable as against the normal leather bound jobbies.
A good night was had by all.
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

elsie

Post by elsie »

I went to one of my favourite Bib Gourmand restaurants on the first day of reopening for lunch. In January they'd replaced old small tables with fewer large square tables well spaced apart so there were no distancing. Both the waiter and the chefs had masks but no gloves. No menu either, just a laminated card on the table with a big QR code to scan to get a copy of the menu on my phone. The waiter did have one printed menu which he showed but didn't pass to me. There was a lot of handling of glasses and cutlery but the waiter did disappear a lot and said it was to wash his hands after each interaction. There was only one sitting so they hadn't cleaned any of the emptied tables by the time I left.

Those arriving had masks but took them off at the table and put them back of to go to the loo. One couple came without masks but they were let in as the room wasn't crowded and plenty of room for distancing. But they've not got automatic door openers on the main toilet door so you touch the door handle on going in, use the loo and wash your hands, dry with disposable towels and then have to touch the door handles again on the way out.

I needed to pay by card and had to tap in my number. But the machine was by the exit with a bottle of hand sanitiser to use after wards.

The masks caused problems as the waiter's speech was muffled. He also said he found it very suffocating at the end of the lunch. So I think they'll have to look at more expensive masks with air filters or (his suggestion) plastic face visors. It was obviously an experience for them as well as I doubt they've been practising. So there will probably be tweaks over the next week or so.

An interesting article, on an Alsace restaurant news site, on le protocole sanitaire expliqué aux clients https://alsace.nouvellesgastronomiques. ... a9654.html

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Last time was summer before last, when we had visitors from down south.
I think we'll leave it a while before our next resto visit.
Visit historic Barnard Castle. Lockdown day trips now available.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

April 2019 was last time for me, buffet Japonais so still closed. Don't use bars or fast food restaurants.

mysty

Post by mysty »

We went to pat a pain this morning I took precautionary messures and sent her to order while I sat down
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience