Fec Boris tee shirt you can be arrested for wearing one

A place for some light-hearted chat.
After the Storm

Re: Fec Boris tee shirt you can be arrested for wearing one

Post by After the Storm »

Could just be his way of expressing his feelings. There are going to be plenty people suffering from lost jobs due covid 19 or indeed loved ones. How someone deals with that is their choice. Of course, I could be reading too much into why that person might have been wearing that T-shirt but we will never know if you didn’t ask. Was the man being kind to his kids, attentive to his wife, that would be what I would notice but Mysty would likely have saw what you did, he even notices if someone has got their hair cut which amazes me, I never notice things like that.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Nobody around here speaks English, they just all think its a cool word, I'm fine with that, its their region but they will get a shock if they travel abroad with it.

I am still traumatised from trying to explain to my best French friends then teenage daughter staying with me in the UK for a stage that I organised that she really shouldn't go to the shopping mall wearing her favorite uber cool to all her peers F*** YOU! T shirt.

This guy was not expressing his feelings, that would have been in big lettering, plus you will never see anything remotely offensive written in French on a garment wore in public.

Did I mention the toddlers T shirt sold in Intermarché with "Daddys little **** toy" written in bold letters on it?

Do you recall the Lily allen song "Thank you very much!" ?

They recorded a version for the French market called "**** you very much" and my good friend the basketball coach (who spoke good English and knew exactly what it meant) had it played across the PA system at all home matches when the opposing team took to the field, I could not believe my ears at first and not one other person in the stadium seemed to know what was going on, it sounded so similar :lol:

I had to go home and research it on Google to find out about the different versions, IIRC it was supposed to be a protest song about racism and was written with the F word which had to be changed for the UK market.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

He was just a normal decent young family man aged around 30 who I'm sure will have not understood the gravity of the word in an English speaking country, he was in France, its not considered offensive here. I was not offended by it because I know that was not his intention, to most French people it will just have been an attractive pattern of words just like my quilt set

Dont understand about Mysty noticing someones "cut" :?

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

:lol: you are aware that every time you write the word you don’t like as f***, no one reads it as with fand3stars so you have had me say (obviously not out loud) that word you dislike numerous times in your post. It might be because it is 1.14am in the morning that it amuses me that I am having to keep repeating the word you strongly dislike. Can I suggest instead that say something like a “swear word” or “blank” because otherwise it’s weird to me to be told it’s an appalling word whilst at the same keep being made to read it. :D just a thought.

Edit I had missed out “hair” cut. He seriously does notice stuff like that. Me? It would just never register.