Face masks and hearing aids.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Tom

Face masks and hearing aids.

Post by Tom »

IMG_1093.JPG
From Hearing Direct France... was €300 delivered. Very effective.

If you wear a behind the ear hearing aid like this be very careful when you wear a face mask too. All the masks I've ever used have been held in place by elastic cords behind the ears. Taking them off often neatly removes the hearing aid too.

:oops: Went out this afternoon to get some stuff, masked up and then forgot about my hearing aid. Only realised something was wrong an hour ago whilst having dinner and finding following the table talk difficult.

:roll: Had been pleased too because the car had seemed to be running really smoothly and quietly.

:D After a bit of a frantic search I then remembered that I'd removed the mask whilst driving back. Found my aid on the floor of the car behind the driver's seat just a few minutes ago. What a lucky break because I knew better but had forgotten to follow my own advice!
“He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: Face masks and hearing aids.

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

At €300 a pop, not something you want to lose often. Have you tried to find a mask that has the elastics which go round the back of the head?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

You were lucky tgere, Tom.

I’ve just asked my husband, who wears a behind the ear hearing aid, how he got on with his mask when he went to the podiatrist yesterday. It was his first time meeting anyone in 13 weeks, by the way, so the first time he’s worn a mask. He said he had no problems with the mask and hearing aid, but thanks you for the tip - useful to know, just in case.

exile

Post by exile »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:16 pm
At €300 a pop, not something you want to lose often. Have you tried to find a mask that has the elastics which go round the back of the head?
They are not much better. OH has pulled out her rather more expensive devices while removing a back of the head mask. The key point is that a mask has to sit just above the ear to remain in place and so does the aid.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Tom wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:05 pm
:roll: Had been pleased too because the car had seemed to be running really smoothly and quietly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: