Who knows sign language on here.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
manonthemoon

Re: Who knows sign language on here.

Post by manonthemoon »

I don't but it's one of those things I would like to do. It might work better for me than still trying to learn French, after 17 years😖

Ally

Post by Ally »

quote="why me?" post_id=156812 time=1591291354 user_id=3036]
Yonks ago I was walking mme Mutt near the Uni. in Aberdeen & decided a pint was in order.
I was gob smacked to be told I could not come in with a dog & looking around at the 'spit & sawdust' boozer thanked the staff 'for warning me as by the look of the place the dog might catch something'.
Good job I could move fast in those days.
[/quote]

Hands up. I had a few dates like that in my younger days.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Ally wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:06 pm
Did you see the announcement yesterday that Johnson is taking control of the Covid-19 crisis. We've all been there. You know, when you half-heartedly apply for that job more out of interest than anything else and you don't properly read the job description? And you get it.
I'll say it again. A pandemic, Trump and Johnson at the same time. What were the chances?
Yep, been catching up and seen this bit of 'news' but he had problems when Cummings announced that he was the one making the decisions so he had to come out with something before everyone catches on that he is total waste of space. Re your last question, I reckon it was inevitable but I'm not feeling too kind towards mankind tonight.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

After the Storm wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Yep, been catching up and seen this bit of 'news' but he had problems when Cummings announced that he was the one making the decisions
Was that the conclusion that you drew when he said something like "every day I have to decide what to present to the boss and what he does not need to deal with"?

The words certainly struck home with me and it was the inference that I drew, I was surprised that more was not made of it at the time, I mean, to me it was a very significant admission but maybe the eyesight squirrel detracted from it.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Pretty much.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

I know enough to know that they Dont ‘translate’ every word, just the sentiments... and they have to be very non-judgemental. Also it is easy to get tired after 15 minutes or so, which is why in ministerial speeches they have changeovers. There aren’t ‘regional’ accents, but there are signs that are different with different groups of people, but the f word tends to be the same!