Who knows sign language on here.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
After the Storm

Who knows sign language on here.

Post by After the Storm »

Did this guy really do sign language for every word that Johnson waffled including, I think, tutti benutti!
I always wonder if they add in a few words of their own when asked to do this but I didn’t see him point at the lying, idiotic git... sorry, lying, idiotic PM. Johnson obviously has forgotten that he told EU citizens to leave and the U.K. is not their home anymore.

Ally

Re: Who knows sign language on here.

Post by Ally »

My brother learned sign language, so did my mother later, but outside school he neither relied on it nor used it.
I asked him to teach me some. To this day I am still fluent in "You! F*** off!" That was it. The punctuation is mine.
Oh and I can spell any word that consists entirely of vowels, as can anyone who uses their fingers to count....mysty? 😂😂😂

Ally

Post by Ally »

Did you see the announcement yesterday that Johnson is taking control of the Covid-19 crisis. We've all been there. You know, when you half-heartedly apply for that job more out of interest than anything else and you don't properly read the job description? And you get it.
I'll say it again. A pandemic, Trump and Johnson at the same time. What were the chances?

sprocket

Post by sprocket »

Ally, I can still do the whole alphabet on my fingers, I had a deaf girlfriend when I was about 15. I tried to sign but the relationship didn't last long enough. Surprisingly it varies country to country, but I don't think there are accents.

Polarengineer

Post by Polarengineer »

I remember walking into a pub in Scotland and it went very quiet, the old boys at the bar could do sign language with just one or two fingers
I have experienced a mid winter whiteout on the high tundra between Alta and Skaidi, I tell you, it's no big deal there is nothing to see, anyway, but I must go back there as I think I left the lights on.

wilbro

Post by wilbro »

What's the sign language for "Burble, waffle, ermmm, more b*ll*cks"

Ally

Post by Ally »

sprocket wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:15 pm
Ally, I can still do the whole alphabet on my fingers, I had a deaf girlfriend when I was about 15. I tried to sign but the relationship didn't last long enough. Surprisingly it varies country to country, but I don't think there are accents.
I actually was a bit more proficient than I made out. I could do the alphabet, no longer, I've just tested myself and I had a smattering of words like the ones you'd learn first in any new language. Plus eff off.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Polarengineer wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:18 pm
I remember walking into a pub in Scotland and it went very quiet, the old boys at the bar could do sign language with just one or two fingers
I remember walking into a pub in Scotland. It seems like years ago. Hashtag coronavirus. Hashtag gagging furra pint.
If yours was the Countinghouse in Dundee, the same thing happened to me. I called their bluff by saying loudly ""Not from around these parts, are ye?", in my best pirate.
Sally's got sharp elbows.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

I got to know a little baby signing when our younger granddaughter was little; she was slow learning to speak and it was suggested that it would help her, which it did.

She was delighted once when we took the girls to a new big playground and a man stopped a cup roundabout for her that his children were on; she signed thank you and he signed back to her, a big surprise, as normally it was just family and some nursery staff who signed to her.

She eventually started speaking and there’s been no stopping her ever since, just like her daddy.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Yonks ago I was walking mme Mutt near the Uni. in Aberdeen & decided a pint was in order.
I was gob smacked to be told I could not come in with a dog & looking around at the 'spit & sawdust' boozer thanked the staff 'for warning me as by the look of the place the dog might catch something'.
Good job I could move fast in those days.