Orange Problem!

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
wilbro

Orange Problem!

Post by wilbro »

Anyone else not getting their e-mails and/or lost the ability to send them? I get this message from them:

"Afin de vous permettre d’accéder à votre service mail dans les meilleures conditions durant cette période difficile où l’activité du service a fortement augmenté, nous avons dû désactiver temporairement le compteur des mails non lus, présent dans le bandeau haut du portail Orange.fr depuis un ordinateur sur le symbole enveloppe. Cela n’impacte pas le comptage des mails non lus et totaux qui reste disponible à l’intérieur de votre boite mail."

What are they doing? All other links working normally, aol mails, websites etc.

Ally

Re: Orange Problem!

Post by Ally »

I received 8 emails yesterday by my orange account and so far one today but that's via Virgin media internet in Ecosse.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

The Orange services are almost drowning in the amount of internet traffic. So they silenced ( temporarely) the mails you didn'read. Question: they give you 1, 2, or 3 seconds to discover a new message before telling you: you're not interested, so down to the basement with all those mails you didn't open.

jsks

Post by jsks »

I thought this was another Trump thread.

wilbro

Post by wilbro »

Back on now but they are installing fibre here and coming from town they were working in the box at the side of the road. Always a bad sign!

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

Fibre a bad sign?

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

The fibre is great. I’ve gone from a magnificent 0.5 to 1.5 max mb /s to a staggering 650 to 700 mb/s. It’s making a big difference.

But I do have a question or two....
Currently because of the slow old livebox, my main satellite broadband comes into the house and is plugged into an apple responder unit (and back up unit) that then talks to the smaller Apple responders around the house. The only way to get a signal around the house is with several responders.
My new fibre livebox has just four slots at the box. All these slots are currently used so I don’t have any spare slots to plug the Apple responder into.
Can I get a modem with, say eight plug in slots, plug the new modem into the new livebox and then plug everything else into the new modem?

Second question.
We unplug the livebox unit but I’m assuming that we should also be unplugging the fibre from the livebox into the wall connection as well. Is this correct?

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Polarengineer

Post by Polarengineer »

Most girls confuse me, it's easy at my age, but SW31girl, you have me really confused.
I cannot understand why you write of a satellite broadband. The Marmalade box (Orange livebox) will receive the fibre feed from a landline. The outgoing signal from this box should go to your apple repeater (I don't think you mean responder) using the RJ 45 plugged cable (ethernet cable) the repeater should then send WiFi to all the other remote repeaters and users plugged into socket around the house. I hope I'm guessing your setup correctly, otherwise, try and explain the problem another way and add photos.
Absolute-ly..I have become comfortably numb (with ice it's nice)

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

SW31girl wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm
The fibre is great. I’ve gone from a magnificent 0.5 to 1.5 max mb /s to a staggering 650 to 700 mb/s. It’s making a big difference.

But I do have a question or two....
Currently because of the slow old livebox, my main satellite broadband comes into the house and is plugged into an apple responder unit (and back up unit) that then talks to the smaller Apple responders around the house. The only way to get a signal around the house is with several responders.
My new fibre livebox has just four slots at the box. All these slots are currently used so I don’t have any spare slots to plug the Apple responder into.
Can I get a modem with, say eight plug in slots, plug the new modem into the new livebox and then plug everything else into the new modem?

Second question.
We unplug the livebox unit but I’m assuming that we should also be unplugging the fibre from the livebox into the wall connection as well. Is this correct?
Why do you have satellite broadband and fibre?