Dogs In Hot Cars

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Hexenbeest

Re: Dogs In Hot Cars

Post by Hexenbeest »

I have asked 30 Millions d'Amis for clarification because even the gendarmes just shrug their shoulders when asked what could/should be done.

Personally, I would ask the shop to announce on the tannoy but failing that I would seek out a couple of people and then break the window. If no one is willing to join me, I would just break the window and deal with the consequences later. There would be enough proof that I'd done all I could before causing criminal damage to some one's car.

With regard to helping the dog - I believe the best thing is to get it out of the car into cool shade. Dampen a cloth, towel, something and lay it on its head and paws and try to get some cool water into its mouth.
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge

lindal1000

Re: Dogs In Hot Cars

Post by lindal1000 »

Someone reported a dog in car last year at LeClerc and the security staff dealt with it. They waited by the car and monitored the dog, put out a call in the store, and when the owner appeared 5 minutes later they gave him a hard time and told him they were just about to smash the window.
All animals have been classed as sentient beings for the past couple of years now, so if you think they are being treated cruelly or suffering you can report the situation to local animal welfare associations. It can nevertheless be hard to get anything done, but the more tenacious will keep at it. The one we help out at rescued a dog that was permanently kept on a balcony and a litter of pups that were kept in a small space under a house They eventually persuaded them to hand over the parents as well.