Dragon about to dock with ISS

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Biggles

Dragon about to dock with ISS

Post by Biggles »

Dragon is less than 400m from its destination, the International Space Station. Excellent live stream on youtube, just search for 'NASA Live'. :good:
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." — Mark Twain

Biggles

Re: Dragon about to dock with ISS

Post by Biggles »

Docked!
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." — Mark Twain

SP1DER

Post by SP1DER »

Brilliant!

bluebird

Post by bluebird »

You'd never guess that the world economy is on it's knees.....

Plog

Post by Plog »

bluebird wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:01 am
Not sure what your point is bluebird, it's possible to multi task, admire what SpaceX/NASA also have concerns about jobs/the world economy..

I'm not a fan of Musk all of the time, but I wouldn't expect him to fix the world economy...it's also worth bearing in mind Space X/NASA's/ all the other major and minor subcontractors do provide people with employment.

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

We had an amazing view of the ISS last night, I always love to see it.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

It amazes me how the West slags off Russia at every opportunity but engage in things like the space station project in perfect harmony. :roll:
Visit historic Barnard Castle. Lockdown day trips now available.

bluebird

Post by bluebird »

Plog wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:52 am
bluebird wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:01 am
Not sure what your point is bluebird, it's possible to multi task, admire what SpaceX/NASA also have concerns about jobs/the world economy..

I'm not a fan of Musk all of the time, but I wouldn't expect him to fix the world economy...it's also worth bearing in mind Space X/NASA's/ all the other major and minor subcontractors do provide people with employment.
Yes I do appreciate that some there are some aerospace jobs resulting from the investment. My personal opinion... it's another Musk vanity project. I am not even sure what the aims and objectives of the Space X are? Is it for the betterment of mankind? I would be genuinely interested to know. While I realise that entrepreneurs play a big part in the capitalist system that props up the worlds economy, I do find it rather obscene, the amounts of wealth amassed by the likes of Bezos and Musk, in a relatively short space of time. Again, just my personal view.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

My personal opinion is that there is now going to be a new galactic elite, building rockets for the rich to leave the planet one day that they destroyed, just like in the movie. :shock: :) (not sure whether to actually add the small smile there).

SP1DER

Post by SP1DER »

Musk started his career as a transfer student from Canada after settling there originally from South Africa. In my opinion he is one of the greatest entrepreneurs of all time. His worth is around $20 billion, absolutely stupid amount of money but look what it has allowed him to do. Our next great adventure is space exploration. I doubt man would get back to the moon if it were not for private enterprise and I look forward to seeing that happen in my lifetime.