Alls Well That....

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Mrs Archy

Alls Well That....

Post by Mrs Archy »

ends well......hopefully - I just wanted to say that it is sooooooo nice that everyone on here over the last few days seems to be a lot happier. I think it must be down to us all about to be let out? Wont it just be lovely to see people sitting outside bars and cafes once again. Stay happy and funny with your comments it does a power of good - no I'm not on anything except UT which does make me very happy! :lol:
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

Ally

Re: Alls Well That....

Post by Ally »

Me in the bar, when they reopen.
"A pint of that UT barman. Shaken, not stirred.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

I think it’s the great music you listen to that keeps you positive.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Indianna wants me. I recorded that off the radio from Fluff Freeman's show and my dad thought it was the real polis at the end being picked up by the tape recorder. Oh he was excited.

jsks

Post by jsks »

Ally wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:47 pm
Indianna wants me. I recorded that off the radio from Fluff Freeman's show and my dad thought it was the real polis at the end being picked up by the tape recorder. Oh he was excited.
Is he still in the cupboard under the stairs?

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

I had a workmate whose electronic organ (big wooden thing with pedals etc) picked up local CB radio. Is CB still available?
“Never argue with a know-it-all. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Ally

Post by Ally »

10-4

Ally

Post by Ally »

jsks wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:14 pm
Ally wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:47 pm
Is he still in the cupboard under the stairs?
Jings. I hope no. He's been dead for 40 years.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:29 pm
I had a workmate whose electronic organ (big wooden thing with pedals etc) picked up local CB radio. Is CB still available?
i think so, I've got 3 in the shed, unused since I retired 17 years ago though. It was tailing off in England when I left in the 90s mainly due to the frequency of large towns and the disruptive influences in them, but when I started work here in '99 all the drivers had them installed.

They may be less used here too now though. How do I know? At work most of us had our names on reg plates in the windscreens so we could see if it was someone we knew approaching, and make contact. Now I don't see so many.

Could be dangerous though. I travelled in convoy with a Dutch mate once all the way from Kent to Savona, Italy. We nattered the whole way and afterwards I had repetitive strain injury on my thumb. :o

Ally

Post by Ally »

Dirty boy.