Happy birthday

A place for some light-hearted chat.
whyme?

Happy birthday

Post by whyme? »

I've just changed the 4 X AA batteries in our automatic chicken door opener/closer which was getting a bit sluggish.
I always note the date when I change most batteries & was amazed to see that today was exactly one year since they were fitted.
All other batteries I've used lasted less than 4 months & I've been expecting those fitted to pack up well before now.
Just proves that these Duracell Ultra I'm now using,although expensive, are well worth buying.

Crystal

Re: Happy birthday

Post by Crystal »

An automatic chicken door opener?...how posh is that? :lol:

suein56

Post by suein56 »

why me? wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:10 pm
I've just changed the 4 X AA batteries in our automatic chicken door opener/closer ..
Just proves that these Duracell Ultra I'm now using,although expensive, are well worth buying.
If you are anything like me then it's the small things like this in life which surprise you and give an inordinate amount of satisfaction, relative to the size/importance ratio.

On my scale of (small) satisfactions .. our cheeky young red squirrel made his appearance 3 times this morning .. intent on chomping on as many as poss of the peanuts on offer - ostensibly hung out for the birds - as he could before I chased him (v gently) off.
Then our hairdresser arrived to cut our hair .. so I have little idea what M ou Mme écureuil got up to at that point.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Where do you buy automatic chickens?

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Crystal wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:24 pm
More like lazy than posh.
Who in their right minds wants to get up at the crack of doom to let 'em out in the summer or freeze yer bits off in the winter?
Our gals know to be in before dusk so it works fine. The only problem is that I've also had to fit an 'out' only cat flap to the chooks door as the cat like to mouse in there & was always getting shut in.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:28 pm
:good:

jsks

Post by jsks »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:28 pm
:lol:

Crystal

Post by Crystal »

why me? wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:30 pm
Crystal wrote:
Who in their right minds wants to get up at the crack of doom to let 'em out in the summer or freeze yer bits off in the winter?
Our gals know to be in before dusk so it works fine. The only problem is that I've also had to fit an 'out' only cat flap to the chooks door as the cat like to mouse in there & was always getting shut in.
I thought you'd be up at the crack of dawn every morning to feed/check the dobbins.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Crystal wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:19 pm
why me? wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:30 pm
Crystal wrote:
I thought you'd be up at the crack of dawn every morning to feed/check the dobbins.
We were when one was poorly but now they're fine untill we get up for breakfast. It's old Mme Mutt who needs letting out at 6 o'clock for her early wazz which only involves opening the door for her to go out into the garden & back again.
5 mins & whoever drew the short straw is back in the arms of Morpheus.

Crystal

Post by Crystal »

What? - you have an automatic chicken door, but not an automatic doggy door? :roll: