Distanciation Sociale Kent stylie!

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Le Démerdeur

Distanciation Sociale Kent stylie!

Post by Le Démerdeur »

mysty

Re: Distanciation Sociale Kent stylie!

Post by mysty »

They did not have masks on and some were well under the two meters. ;)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Same in Bournemouth as well. Second wave of virus - place your bets now!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I knew, happened in Amiens Nord a couple of weeks ago, a match between quartiers, they broke into the stadium and there were several hundred supporters.

I'm still waiting for someone to show that the phone recording was made before the lockdown and that it was false news.

I'm struggling to reconcile a country where if I understand correctly you must remain at home, protect the NHS, not allowed to visit another house be it family or friends yet beaches, parks etc the length and breadth of the country look like that. But there is such outrage when one family allegedly travel to a quiet secluded spot for a few minutes of fresh air.

I understand that there are no mileage restrictions on how far people can travel for exercise and that parks and beaches were not closed, both of which IMO there should have been.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:42 pm
I knew, happened in Amiens Nord a couple of weeks ago, a match between quartiers, they broke into the stadium and there were several hundred supporters.

I'm still waiting for someone to show that the phone recording was made before the lockdown and that it was false news.

I'm struggling to reconcile a country where if I understand correctly you must remain at home, protect the NHS, not allowed to visit another house be it family or friends yet beaches, parks etc the length and breadth of the country look like that. But there is such outrage when one family allegedly travel to a quiet secluded spot for a few minutes of fresh air.

I understand that there are no mileage restrictions on how far people can travel for exercise and that parks and beaches were not closed, both of which IMO there should have been.
And there is the crux, you haven't understood correctly.
I'm less than happy, to put it mildly, the way the government and a percentage of the UK population has gone about this confinement process in the UK but to think it's not happening in your own backyard is a little naive.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I started this thread with no comment simply a video of a beach in Kent allegedly on the Bank holiday Monday.

You were the one to to introduce France, some may call that Whataboutery, I just accept it as normal thread drift.

But what basis do you have for telling me that I am naive and dont know whats going on in my backyard?

You say I have not understood correctly, could you please enlighten me, I am happy to accept that I may not be as well informed as you as to what is going on in the UK, its not my centre of interest, please tell me what I wrote of my understanding that was incorrect.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Why post the video if it’s no different in most places round the world? What purpose does it serve?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Its a discussion forum.

Will you please help me by explaining what I have misunderstood about the current confinement conditions in the UK, I will then correct anything erroneous in my reply to your question.

After spending the last 2 hours listening to the première ministre, the health and education ministers and having heard only 2 words that I didn't understand I would also appreciate it if you could explain why you believe I am naive about what is going on in my back yard.

I fully accept that I will not be as well informed regarding the UK which is why I am relying on people like yourself to inform and correct me.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Lemorvan wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 pm
Why post the video if it’s no different in most places round the world? What purpose does it serve?
I dont know that its no different to most places in the world and I doubt that you do either. All of Frances beaches were closed when the virus was at significantly lower levels than it is currently in the UK, some have since re-opened but with severe restrictions, most of our beaches closed again as soon as they re-opened because it became clear that the Mairies and Gendarmes were not going to be able to assure the security and seperation.

All the footage that I have seen of French beaches since some were opened was of people walking and not sunbathing, swimming, certainly not fighting, that footage really looked to me as if it must have been taken last year.

I have no idea about other countries.