Annexe 2041 E

Veem

Annexe 2041 E

Post by Veem »

The other day when attempting to fill in the tax forms online, I noticed that annexe 2014 E had been added to the forms I am required to complete. I didn't request it and have no idea what prompted this addition. The form makes no sense to me whatsoever. But it seems I cannot possibly complete my online declaration without either a) completing 2041 E or finding out what caused it to be added and changing that to get rid of it.

Please, does anyone on here know what this form is for and why it might have been added to my file?

suein56

Re: Annexe 2041 E

Post by suein56 »

This happened to me too .. did you put a tick in box 8SH ?
If you did then it seems that you might have declared yourself a non-resident .. and if so 2041E then pops up for you to declare your earnings whilst out of France.
I redid 2042 without ticking 8SH and took off 2041E .. so far so good.

New boxes sometimes cause problems .. or it could be a glitch, I don't know but I'm sure we'll find out before the deadline.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Veem

Post by Veem »

suein56 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:33 am
This happened to me too .. did you put a tick in box 8SH ?
If you did then it seems that you might have declared yourself a non-resident .. and if so 2041E then pops up for you to declare your earnings whilst out of France.
I redid 2042 without ticking 8SH and took off 2041E .. so far so good.

New boxes sometimes cause problems .. or it could be a glitch, I don't know but I'm sure we'll find out before the deadline.
That's exactly what I did Sue. I don't recall ever having ticked them in the past. I was following advice given to British clients by our insurance company and prepared by their financial advisor which I quote:

2042C: This is the form to have if you are under the French health system via an S1 (you are receiving
a state pension). You need to tick box 8SH (declarant 1) and/or 8SI (declarant 2) to avoid paying
Social charges on your interest. Those boxes are on the last page.

So, I shall ignore that advice and follow yours!

I just went back online and deleted the ticks in 8SH and 8SI. I t has made no difference - 2041E is still in the left-hand column. I don't seem able to delete it. Do you remember how you managed it?

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Veem wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:08 am

So, I shall ignore that advice and follow yours!

I just went back online and deleted the ticks in 8SH and 8SI. I t has made no difference - 2041E is still in the left-hand column. I don't seem able to delete it. Do you remember how you managed it?
At the same stage as you I remember logging out, perplexed as to why the annexe was still there having unticked 8SH .. so just leaving everything hanging whilst I reflected.
Next morning I logged back in and started again on 2042 from the beginning .. when I got to the end where you electronically sign .. 2041E had disappeared.
I think this is what happened ..
I will know for sure when I fill in the forms for my elderly friend who is back in Hospital. I might try and recreate the situation.
As there will be many expats who have received this advice I anticipate quite a few similar snags cropping up.
Your deadline is 4 June ? So you still have loads of time. Panic not.

Veem

Post by Veem »

suein56 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:42 am

As there will be many expats who have received this advice I anticipate quite a few similar snags cropping up.
Your deadline is 4 June ? So you still have loads of time. Panic not.
This isn't the first time the advisor has made an error, but generally her advice is more helpful than not! She's holding a drop in form checking day tomorrow near to us, which is why I've been trying to get my forms complete. June 4th is the deadline for online declarations but 12th for paper returns.

When you say you logged out, it sounds a silly question, but how? If I click on 'Quitter' in the top right corner, I can leave the site but the declaration is still there when I go back in. Perhaps if I can do that I might achieve what I need.

Thanks for helping Sue, it's very much appreciated. I hope your friend is alright. Hospital isn't the place to be at the moment.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

On the top right hand corner of the screen .. déconnexion.

Start at the beginning .. déclarer/déclarez .. and start filling in 2042 again, validating every page as usual, not ticking 8SH .. by the end 2041E had disappeared for me simply by doing this.

I shall be truly delighted to hear what your advisor says tomorrow with ref to this infamous 8SH .. which is definitely causing problems.
Last edited by suein56 on Mon May 25, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

elsie

Post by elsie »

2041-E should only appear if you select NON-RÉSIDENTS Retenue à la source des non-résidents on the SELECTIONNEZ CI-DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE screen

Everyone with an S1 you should tick 8SH/8SI to avoid paying the full social charges.

Once you have logged out/Quitter your account you should close all the browser tabs, go to your browser settings and delete browsing data (exactly where depends on which browser you are using)

suein56

Post by suein56 »

elsie wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:18 am
2041-E should only appear if you select NON-RÉSIDENTS Retenue à la source des non-résidents on the SELECTIONNEZ CI-DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE screen
I didn't select that rubrique .. form 2041E didn't appear until I ticked 8SH.
Have you signed off on your form electronically or tried to after ticking 8SH ?

Veem

Post by Veem »

Well annexe 2041 E has finally gone. I am so relieved as I've been trying to get out of that hole for the past 3 days.

Thank you so much Sue and Elsie.

Sue wrote '................ validating every page as usual, not ticking 8SH'. I feel remarkably stupid, but what exactly do you mean by 'validating'? When I have finished entering details on a page I've simply been pressing 'Suivant'. Is that not right? I unticked 8SH but 2014 E was still there.

So ..........

Elsie wrote '2041-E should only appear if you select NON-RÉSIDENTS Retenue à la source des non-résidents on the SELECTIONNEZ CI-DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE screen'. I checked that rubrique and sure enough it had been ticked. I have no memory of doing that but I must have done it. Straight away 2014 E disappeared. So I then went back and ticked 8SH and 8SI, as clearly the advisor and Elsie were in agreement for reasons of Social charges.

Finally I turned the PC off and logged back in and it seems all is now well. Phew.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Veem wrote :
Elsie wrote '2041-E should only appear if you select NON-RÉSIDENTS Retenue à la source des non-résidents on the SELECTIONNEZ CI-DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE screen'.
I checked that rubrique and sure enough it had been ticked.
I have no memory of doing that but I must have done it. Straight away 2014 E disappeared. So I then went back and ticked 8SH and 8SI, as clearly the advisor and Elsie were in agreement for reasons of Social charges.

The thing is .. if you need to go back to correct smthg (as I did) then 2041E pops back up.
I definitely didn't tick the rubrique mentioned by Elsie .. as I take a screen shot of what I have ticked to make sure I have it right.
It only appears after you have ticked 8SH.

As I said it will be interesting to hear what your advisor says tomorrow.

Remember online can be redone and redone until the deadline.