Incredible!

Whether it's a Caterpillar or Wolf this is the place to discuss and ask questions.
manonthemoon

Incredible!

Post by manonthemoon »

Whilst walking our 2 dogs along a quiet (never meet anyone) bridle path this afternoon, the dogs and myself spotted something of a gingerish colour which initially I thought was a cat.

The dogs ran after it, but they didn't scare it, and as I got closer I realised it was a piglet :!: Babe came to mind. I started to video it and it was grunting a bit but it stopped just in front of me, and didn't appear to be scared. Then it went running quite fast and I lost sight of it.

Now I'm assuming that it was a wild boar piglet, but having looked at some images I see they're stripey, and this was a ginger brown colour without stripes.

The video I thought I had recorded, sadly, in the excitement I forgot to press the record button :( I'm so disappointed.

Anyway it really was a sight to see, probably never again will I see that but also I'm hoping piggie had not strayed from the rest of the family. Any ideas anyone?

Nifty

Re: Incredible!

Post by Nifty »

I had a similar experience to that described in op.

It transpired that the pig involved was a Vietnamese pot bellied that was the pet of a neighbour.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

Lucky guy, missing the opportunity to ask the mother of the piglet: You are the mother of this lovely little creature, I presume? Next time: don't forget your loaded rifle.

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

Mystery solved.

It's a female piglet, a pet that belongs to one of our neighbours along the lane. It keeps escaping, didn't think pigs jumped but it's escaping from a meter high fence.

I've always fancied a pet pig if I see it again I might pinch it 😂😂

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Lets hope the next one does not turn out to be a marcassin!

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:38 pm
Lets hope the next one does not turn out to be a marcassin!
Indeed, because mummy will not be far behind, and she will be very dangerous. :lol:

Walking with my Greyhound off lead down the lane some years ago we saw 2 or 3 adults followed by a line of humbug coloured marcassins trotting behind them, walking down the edge of the forest towards a point 30 metres ahead of us.

I was very worried that the dog, who, gentle soul that she was otherwise, was a cat killer, might race to intercept them. She had more sense than I credited her with. She, like me, stopped dead in our tracks and watched them continue across the road and into the forest.