Feeding time

Whether it's a Caterpillar or Wolf this is the place to discuss and ask questions.
whyme?

Feeding time

Post by whyme? »

This morning I was in the garden when I felt a 'tap' on the back of my knee & looking down there was a baby blue tit hanging on to my jeans.
Not being sure what to do I picked it off & with it perched on my hand looked around for mum.
Sure enough after a few minutes mum/dad arrived & proceeded to feed the baby on my hand. This went on for a while until baby flew off into a nearby bush to continue being fed.
Pity no cameras available to record this but what an experience. :D

Veem

Re: Feeding time

Post by Veem »

What a privilege. I don't suppose the 'Baby Blue Tit Fed by Mum on my Finger' club has many members. :D

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

What a wonderful experience.
Same old nonsense.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

You lucky man, such an excellent experience!

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

why me? wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:56 pm
This morning I was in the garden when I felt a 'tap' on the back of my knee & looking down there was a baby blue tit hanging on to my jeans.
Not being sure what to do I picked it off & with it perched on my hand looked around for mum.
Sure enough after a few minutes mum/dad arrived & proceeded to feed the baby on my hand. This went on for a while until baby flew off into a nearby bush to continue being fed.
Pity no cameras available to record this but what an experience. :D
Oh I'm so jealous. Lucky you sounds wonderful.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

That sounds great Why Me. I've been putting lots of feeding stations around my fields here in the UK, positioned myself with binoculars in hand watching the wonderful bird activity, even dug out my Observers book of birds so that I can identify them. I live in a conservation area by the river and have seen some great species.