UK BANK INTEREST

Pale Ale

Re: UK BANK INTEREST

Post by Pale Ale »

Thanks for your reply sue.

I appreciate what you posted about not being confident about giving other people advice, if not totally sure yourself, I have found myself in the same position. Having searched a few French sites explaining how to fill in the 2074CMV I must admit that I am still unsure how I go about it. I have decided that whether I fill in a 2074 or not it is not going to make any difference to the tax bill, so I have decided to fill one in this year for the first time and hope that it does't cause any waves.

I promise not to take you to court sue :innocent: honest, :twisted: so could you tell me if I have this right. I assume that I fill in Section 1 showing the last 10 years gains and losses up to 2018, and fill in Section 5 showing the last 10 years gains and losses up to and including this year. Not sure what goes in between these 2 sections. This years gains are not tapered so should I enter this figure in Étape 2: Calculus, then in section 2 under Box D, Moins de 2 ans? I assume that I enter the figure after the calculation taking off previous years gains/losses.

I fully appreciate that if you do not wish to answer due to your lack of confidence, then no offence will be taken. I will then have to sort the problem myself with an 'expert'.
I hope that I can live long enough to see the young generation 'Take back control'

Veem

Post by Veem »

I thought I had sufficient figures confirmed as correct to make a start on the online version. I just hope it gets easier from one year to the next. I have now filled in all the boxes I could.

I finally found a list of annexes and was able to select 2047 and 3916. But I couldn't find 2042C or 2042RICI at all. At some point, I did see those 2 mentioned in an unclickable part.

Any suggestions as to where I might be going wrong?

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Veem wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 pm

This morning I have clarified with the UK holding company that my ISA is a 'stocks and shares individual savings account' not a cash ISA.
So you have a stocks and shares ISA .. as do OH and I.

You mentioned a holding company .. is this akin to say Hargreaves Lansdown or III ? If so then you need to put on the 3916 are the details of the company .. name, address, etc then your account number with them.
No need to mention the individual stocks and shares ISA you hold, other than to say what kind of account it is.
Remember the Fisc are only interested in who took or holds your money abroad .. not how much you put in.
The phrase I used for my holding company is : Stockbrokers/Agents de change/Courtiers and under 'caractéristiques du compte' : compte courtier simple (simple because the account is in OH's name only so it is not a joint account)
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Pale Ale wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:49 pm

I fully appreciate that if you do not wish to answer due to your lack of confidence, then no offence will be taken. I will then have to sort the problem myself with an 'expert'.
Lack of confidence because our situation is different to yours. I fill in a straightforward 2074 and a 2074 ABT .. which stands for abattement ie OH receives a % reduction in the taxes due because he always sells shares which he has held for over 8 years and he has always made a gain :good:
I have never filled in a 2074 CMV to my knowledge.

Contact the tax office .. explain the problem and ask for help .. they really are very knowledgeable as long as you get the right person.
Or email ..
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Veem

Post by Veem »

suein56 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 pm
Veem wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 pm

This morning I have clarified with the UK holding company that my ISA is a 'stocks and shares individual savings account' not a cash ISA.

You mentioned a holding company .. is this akin to say Hargreaves Lansdown or III ? If so then you need to put on the 3916 are the details of the company .. name, address, etc then your account number with them.
No need to mention the individual stocks and shares ISA you hold, other than to say what kind of account it is.
Remember the Fisc are only interested in who took or holds your money abroad .. not how much you put in.
The phrase I used for my holding company is : Stockbrokers/Agents de change/Courtiers and under 'caractéristiques du compte' : compte courtier simple (simple because the account is in OH's name only so it is not a joint account)
Sue in all honesty I don't have a clue what the difference is between a cash ISA and the one I have. It was recommended by a financial advisor to put some of my lump sum in when I retired early from teaching. I've never taken the trouble to work out how it worked. It slumped in the 2008 crash and crept back up after that. I bet it's hitting an all time low now though..........

I have just entered the name of the company and filled in the English version of the type of account.

Oi vay. I've had enough and am about ready to hit 'submit'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Veem

Post by Veem »

suein56 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Thank you Sue. What I have done on form 3916 coincides with your advice and it's good to have that confirmed.

I have discovered this morning that forms 2042C and 2042RICI (which are separate as paper versions) actually form an integral part of 2042 online ...........

So I can hopefully finish off when I get back from my first hairdresser appointment since January later today.

Pale Ale

Post by Pale Ale »

Good advice sue, and thanks for all your input.

I managed to find a really useful French website yesterday that gives a blow by blow account as to how you fill in the form. I read the information goodness knows how many times yesterday, until I had smoke coming out of my ears :shock: , I think that I have things clear in my mind as to how I attack the form, I will try at some point today.

I agree that the tax office is very helpful, but I really do not think that I could explain my situation over the telephone, perhaps in an e-mail, but if it comes to it I would prefer to see somebody face to face. This whole situation has come about by being badly advised 11 years ago.

Once again many thanks sue.
I hope that I can live long enough to see the young generation 'Take back control'

curtis

Post by curtis »

With the various discussions on investment income I am having doubts about where I should declare interest paid gross from fixed term Building Society deposits.
Are you there Elsie ?
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

elsie

Post by elsie »

curtis wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:22 pm
With the various discussions on investment income I am having doubts about where I should declare interest paid gross from fixed term Building Society deposits.
Are you there Elsie ?
If it is paid gross the interest paid is zero.

The interest goes on line 233, line 234 is 0%, line 235 = line 233. Line 237 is 0 (you can leave 236 blank or put in 0). Totalling down (if there is no other interest), lines 238, 251 and 252 are the same as 233 . That will give you the total in line 252 =2TR. If doing it online you then need to go to the end on 2047 and it will "report" back to 2TR on 2042 (or you write it in 2TR the printed version)

You can see it on a form on page 16 of http://bh-assurances.fr/wp-content/uplo ... ONLINE.pdf

curtis

Post by curtis »

Many thanks.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.