Still not received paper tax return

Doug

Re: Still not received paper tax return

Post by Doug »

Ours arrived whilst back in the uk, filled it in and posted it back o monday.
Dont do online.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

elsie wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:45 pm

I wonder how many more years it will be before you have to decide whether you want to pay for the privilege? The legislation is already in place.
Do you have a source for that?

ERDF claim the same regarding charging €200, €500, €1000 (or whatever figure they invent) per year for meter readings if people refuse the Linky but its totally untrue.

Thats not to say that they may not make changes to the contract but then they have to trick the customers into signing the new one, Credit Agricole do this by shutting down the internet banking and the phone app unless you agree to the latest (bend over and take this) conditions.

It would surprise me if it were already in place with Les Impôts, the consumer associations make a big noise about anything like that.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

elsie

Post by elsie »

Search for 'declaration en ligne amende' and you will find several references to fines of 15 Euro per form of you have failed to declare for two years when in a zone where it was possible e.g. https://www.corrigetonimpot.fr/declarat ... laire-fin/
https://droit-finances.commentcamarche. ... -sanctions

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Thanks, did some searching, cant fine unless you have done it 2 years on the trot (and been warned), maximum cumulative fine €60 but there is still the get out of jail clause that they had no choice but to include "if you consider you are not en mesure to submit via the internet you dont need to" so I doubt there have ever been any amendes issued.

Certainly if they send you the formulaire prérempli by post and tell you that you have to complete and return it by a certain date they aint gonna be fining you!

As with most things just the fear of a fine is enough to get them the 99% compliance they seek.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

elsie

Post by elsie »

I wouldn't be so sure. Just put yourself in the place of the taxman who wants as many a possible to declare online. What would you do ensure it happened?

Afin de faciliter les démarches des contribuables dans une logique de modernisation de l’impôt sur le revenu, d’améliorer le traitement de leurs déclarations, en leur offrant notamment la possibilité de disposer plus rapidement de leur avis et d’obtenir plus rapidement la restitution des sommes auxquelles ils ont droit (contribuables restituables, excès de versement), et d’alléger la charge administrative de traitement de l’impôt, il est voté la généralisation graduelle de la déclaration en ligne de 2016 à 2019 pour les contribuables dont la résidence principale est équipée d’un accès à Internet. from https://www.economie.gouv.fr/files/commpress/16682.pdf

They started the campaign in 2016 requiring all those with an RFR over 40K to declare online and reduced that to 28K in 2017 and 15K in 2018. In 2019 the obligation was for all to declare online. During those years they always sent out a prérempli, even to those who were already completing online (and, if I remember correctly, before that even offered an 11€ tax reduction if you declared online).

So I'm not sure your assumption a prérempli is a get-out is correct. This year they only sent a prérempli to those who were still not paying online (I assume it still contained the instructions saying you were obliged to complete online if their residence was equipped with internet?) So perhaps you have now had the two years grace and the warning was included implicitly in those notes?

I think you will find there have been similar moves to make payment online obligatory where the total of any income tax still owing and local taxes, etc online were over 10K in 2016, 2K in 2017, 1K in 2018, 300 € in 2019 and 0 on 2020.

The French plan for internet access https://www.amenagement-numerique.gouv.fr is that by 2020, everyone should have a good very high speed connection (> 8 Mbit/s) or good mobile coverage and by 2022, everyone should have very high speed connections (> 30 Mbit/s), so the reasons for not submitting online have become a lot fewer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next step might not be to require you to request an exemption/sign an affidavit with justification for not using the internet? And, as with the lock-down fines, there is no reason why these couldn't start to rise them significantly.

Veem

Post by Veem »

Finally a very helpful lady picked up the phone at the tax office and told me the personalised forms are available online and that I should submit my return online too. Frankly I don't think I am able to do that, but I'll give it a go and will call the Helpline number she gave me if needs be. If all that fails, apparently I can make an appointment to see a real person at the tax office.

Thanks for all attempts to help.