Carte de résident

Debra

Re: Carte de résident

Post by Debra » Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Joinfrance wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 pm
I’ve put in a complaint to Solvit, but really don’t want to go back in that office. Do they do them at the sous prefecture in Brive?
It shows it on this page when you search on the town so it seems so.

https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... its/F22116
These users thanked the author Debra for the post:
Joinfrance (Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 pm)

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri May 18, 2018 4:39 pm

A big thanks to Debra for posting the link to the video of the French Brexit commission, I watched the relevant parts several times and wanted to post but have been too busy, I would like to view it again before doing so but can no longer find it, could you tell me on what page of this or another thread it can be found or put up another link please?

When i first saw it i thought "well I was wrong, I should apply now for a TDS" then I watched it again twice and the context in which the lady said the words (is she even a minister?) is everything, thats what I want to post on but not relying on my memory.

My informed (thanks to Debra) decision was to do nothing in the belief that there well may be a streamlined procedure, now does not seem to be the time for making applications be it TDS, carte grise or permis de conduire. If I am wrong then the procedure will be no more onerous post Brexit, that they re-iterated several times, I completely understand why Debra and Nomoss prefer to make the application now given their past experiences.

Whilst she did speak of priority to those already holding a TDS again it needs to be taken in context, she would immediately retract that on hearing the word discrimination and repeat what is agreed by all parties, whatever form the new document takes it will be a simple exchange for existing TDS/CDS holders so the simplest and probably the quickest.

Throughout her speech she was speaking of the "esprit" with which they would enact any future legislation when the situation is known, nothing more concrete than that, I need to view the video again before saying any more.

Lindal, why have you had a change of heart? did you view the video? If so what were your conclusions? It does not sound like many or any others did by what is being repeated as known fact.

lindal1000

Post by lindal1000 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 pm

I still don't believe it is essential to get a cds, but if, as looks more and more likely, the UK crashes out without s deal or transition then a cds will at least prove that you had the right to be there up until that date. It may prove unnecessary, but it will also be a good starting point for naturalization should that prove necessary. I'm not rushing..I want to wait until we have this year's avis d'impots first, but I think on the balance of things it probably is more sensible to start the ball rolling sooner rather than later. My change of heart had nothing to do with the video..just thinking through the possible outcomes and options.
These users thanked the author lindal1000 for the post:
Debra (Fri May 18, 2018 7:29 pm)

Debra

Post by Debra » Fri May 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Chancer wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:39 pm
A big thanks to Debra for posting the link to the video of the French Brexit commission, I watched the relevant parts several times and wanted to post but have been too busy, I would like to view it again before doing so but can no longer find it, could you tell me on what page of this or another thread it can be found or put up another link please?
'Ms Fontana's comments can be found in full (in French) at this link at around 59 minutes into the discussion and again (in answer to a question by Christopher Chantrey of the British Community Committee of France) at around 1hr 33mins 50secs.'

http://videos.assemblee-nationale.fr/vi ... 5889d7f87b

This is she if you want to check with her:

Directrice
Agnès FONTANA, inspectrice générale de l'administation
Téléphone : +33 1 72 71 68 20

https://lannuaire.service-public.fr/gou ... ere_168368

Chancer don't forget that there has been another meeting since then in which they advised that we should get cards now, before next March.

Also, have a read of the RIFT page I put up which explains how not having a card even if there is an agreement may affect you.

Also consider that with no agreement, after next March, we're then third country nationals and would have to argue 'acquired rights' which people are saying we don't have (arguable as the PR card is unconditional, not even saying it's only valid as long as we retain EU Citizenship) but which we have according to ECHR precedent (but easier to go there with a resident card as proof rather than a bunch of documents).

curtis

Post by curtis » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 pm

What about if you hold an expired carte de séjour? I didn't renew as they were no longer needed. Might that confer some extra "points" ?
Someone raised the question if it made any difference if you were married to a French national. Anyone know ?
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Thankyou for that Debra, I will try to find some time this week-end to view it again.

You have confirmed what i thought, people saying that the minister of the interior said this or that are simply repeating what they think that they have heard and have not watched the proceedings, the lady in question is 4 administration levels down the food chain from the minister, I suspected as much by how she spoke, more "eeuuhhs" than a Picard, the only person I have seen looking more uncomfortable playing above their game in the public eye was Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet but she did talk a good job.

Mr Chantry aquitted his-self 10 times better in his second language, the blonde lady (was she from RIFT? Will know when I see the vid again) looked like she did not speak or understand any French, her speech was made for her and there were only fleeting glimmers of recognition from her during the discourse.

I wont be looking at other stuff like the RIFT representations but thanks anyway, hopefully someone else will and will get some comfort from it, my reason is that i really am ambivalant on the subject, ever the optimist I believe that eventually there will just be a rubber stamping of any resident UK citizen including those off the radar, an amnesty of sorts to get them in the system.

How daft do I feel for having thrown away all my old electricity bills when I changed suppliers, all the old FT bills, most of my bank statements etc etc? :oops: :oops:

Debra

Post by Debra » Sat May 19, 2018 3:16 am

curtis wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 pm
What about if you hold an expired carte de séjour? I didn't renew as they were no longer needed. Might that confer some extra "points" ?
Someone raised the question if it made any difference if you were married to a French national. Anyone know ?
With an expired one you take a copy of it but if it's really old, prepare your file as if you're applying anew. If you qualify in the latest 5 years then take proof of that. If not, go back to the last five year period in which you did qualify and then prove continuity of residence since then.

If you're married to a French national and have been for more than 3 years you can't be subject to a removal order anyway, so you'resafe. However, you can get the EU cds now for free whereas if you got it via the married to a French national route that would be under domestic immigration law (which would be third country national law, family life tds, and you would have to pay and provide proof of A2 language ability, which may also cost if you haven't already got it.

Debra

Post by Debra » Sat May 19, 2018 3:21 am

Chancer I'm not just talking about that meeting in the recording - there has been another meeting since in which they emphatically said we should apply for cards now.

curtis

Post by curtis » Mon May 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Debra wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:16 am
curtis wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 pm
With an expired one you take a copy of it but if it's really old, prepare your file as if you're applying anew. If you qualify in the latest 5 years then take proof of that. If not, go back to the last five year period in which you did qualify and then prove continuity of residence since then.

If you're married to a French national and have been for more than 3 years you can't be subject to a removal order anyway, so you'resafe. However, you can get the EU cds now for free whereas if you got it via the married to a French national route that would be under domestic immigration law (which would be third country national law, family life tds, and you would have to pay and provide proof of A2 language ability, which may also cost if you haven't already got it.
Thanks for that Debra. My CdS is ten years since it expired. I think i'll continue to do nothing and just watch what happens. As you say I shouldn't be chucked out owing to marital status.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Mon May 21, 2018 6:30 pm

I never thought there was a need for either cds, tds or cdr, being a UK passport holder, and it seems that marriage has now obviated that need even if brexit happens.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen