Carte de résident

Joinfrance

Re: Carte de résident

Post by Joinfrance » Tue May 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Halfpint said “have we got a new ALBF? “ well, I admit to having thought that from their very first post.

The points scoring game really puts me off posting and, eventually looking.
I want to try to get a titre de séjour because it a) advised. B) easy and c) free. What harm can it do?
And as has already been pointed out most of us are well ensconced in the system and are known to be where we are, and our provenance, though I do have a polling card that says place of birth Liverpool, nationalité Française!

Can we not just agree to differ and lose the aggro?
These users thanked the author Joinfrance for the post (total 2):
After the Storm (Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 pm) • Debra (Tue May 15, 2018 7:34 pm)

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Halfpint wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:23 am
On the other thread I lightheartedly suggested a Carte de Sejour would
be an advantage , now it has been shown the official line is 'get a carte de sejour' .

I cannot understand why some don't understand that after Brexit the normal
rules of residence apply to a non eu country and this means you have to have
a carte de sejour to live here
common sense tells me that they ain't going to invalid all those cards already
issued, why would they?

Have we got a new ALBF?
That’s the big question. The Brexit negotiations, or lack of them, all suggest that their will be special regulations for EU citizens resident in the UK and U.K. citizens resident in Europe. They are not likely to have the same hoops to jump through as Americans, Australians etc. We are also talking about people who have rights to residency through French law. As I’ve pointed out before, applying for a CdS will do no harm but it is not a must do thing. People can act on their own instinct, as Jo says, it’s not difficult.
Why would they make those cards invalid? Because they are only valid for EU citizens. What holding that card will hopefully ensure is that it offers the easiest possible route to the actual card required after Brexit.

Halfpint

Post by Halfpint » Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 pm

But it was already shown on another post by Debra that the official
Eu rules say that they will up hold past and present rights for Eu citizens
therefore I take it that my 'permanent' carte de sejour ' even though issued
to a uk citizen at the time will always remain valid and I will loose no
rights.
Maybe you missed that post
These users thanked the author Halfpint for the post (total 2):
After the Storm (Tue May 15, 2018 1:53 pm) • Debra (Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 pm)

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Tue May 15, 2018 1:26 pm

At this point nothing is set in stone. You have the card, you are in the best position possible, isn’t that enough? There will be more than a few people who don’t yet have five years’ residency who will be losing sleep over the posts declaring that a CdS is imperative. It is not.
These users thanked the author DominicBest for the post (total 2):
Le Démerdeur (Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 pm) • Kathyc (Tue May 15, 2018 3:57 pm)

Jaques

Post by Jaques » Tue May 15, 2018 1:31 pm

I have a RV at the prefecture.

What will I need to produce in the way of documentation and is there a form I can fill in before hand?

Jaques

Post by Jaques » Tue May 15, 2018 1:34 pm

I have maade a RV on line, states 30 mins, will they accept my partners applicat the same time?

Nomoss
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nomoss » Tue May 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Jaques wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:34 pm
I have maade a RV on line, states 30 mins, will they accept my partners applicat the same time?
The Prefecture should have sent/will send you a list of documents required, which varies with the Prefecture.

If you don't get one, ask for it.

There is usually a list on Prefectures' web sites, and also here https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... its/F16003 or here if you've been in France over 5 years https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... its/F22116

However, the Service Public lists are slightly different from those supplied by our Prefecture's web site, which was different again from the list they emailed to us when we made our RDV's.

You need a separate RDV for each applicant. Ours were subsequent, but we went in together for the "interview", so the RDVs were combined.

EDIT. Links didn't work, now corrected (I hope) I also posted the wrong second link, now corrected.
These users thanked the author Nomoss for the post (total 2):
Debra (Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 pm) • Jaques (Tue May 15, 2018 7:56 pm)

Debra

Post by Debra » Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Jaques wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 am
How long does the process take on average (if there is one)
Mine took 9 months but that included 4 months wait for the appointment to submit my dossier and 2 months wait for the appointment to pick it up.

You get given a 'recipisse' when they've accepted your complete dossier and that acts as the card until the plastic one comes through. It is valid for 6 months and can be extended by 3 months if the process isn't done within the six months.

Some lucky people have had the proper plastic card in hand in a couple of weeks!
These users thanked the author Debra for the post (total 2):
Jaques (Tue May 15, 2018 7:56 pm) • misswoodentop (Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 am)

Nomoss
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nomoss » Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Looking at posts on various forums by people trying to get driving licences and CGs, I hope they don't change to an on-line procedure for residence permits :(

Debra

Post by Debra » Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Nomoss wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 pm
Looking at posts on various forums by people trying to get driving licences and CGs, I hope they don't change to an on-line procedure for residence permits :(
I admit I was a bit worried when I saw ANTS had designed the new card and the system and supplied the fingerprint readers but I think they'll always want to see people in person. They may consider accepting dossiers online first though, what do you think?